Stupid Q: BES user on Droid, getting away with it!

speede541

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I am a BES user on a Storm 1 at work. However, after screwing around with multiple OS upgrades over the past year I grew tired of re-activating my BES service with my IT department, so I set up forwarding my my works Groupwise to a Gmail account. This has worked fine, no questions about why my BES isn't active.

Think I can get away with this forever, and switch to a Droid?

dpeters11

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
If one of my users did that, I'd have already contacted them about their Blackberry not connecting. You might also be violating a corporate policy by forwarding your mail to GMail. That is not allowed by the vast majority of companies.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't know what else might hinder your getting away with it, but certainly replying to corporate email from a Gmail address would raise a red flag.

Company policy should be a primary concern, but if you have to ask the company about their policy, they'll know what you're up to.

ibdoomed

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
There may be some exceptions I'm sure, but I haven't seen a company that had both Good and a BES.

Oh, ok. The last three I've been at did and dozens of friends companies do. I always thought it was common practice, afterall, not everyone can have a blackberry.

What do companies do for employees with windows mobile, iphones, palms (not running WM) and so forth?

cdaiscool#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Oh, ok. The last three I've been at did and dozens of friends companies do. I always thought it was common practice, afterall, not everyone can have a blackberry.

What do companies do for employees with windows mobile, iphones, palms (not running WM) and so forth?

Provide them with a company Blackberry, from what I've heard.

speede541

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
These are the sorts of answers I expected. In fact, I'm surprised (but not really) that IT hasn't contacted me to ask why my Storm's not activated on the Enterprise server. After all, they're paying me a cell phone stipend that includes gobs of extra money for data and BES services.

I'll stick with the Blackberry for now, and press them to consider other options down the road. With Google pressing GMail into corporate service, Android has to be headed in that same direction.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty