Multiple glitches and partial freezing on phone UI, system setting, installed & system apps

Eric2190

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned in the title, I'm having the strange multiple glitches since last Wednesday. I thought it'll go away after a few restart, or after a period of times... Until today, it gets even worse! Can anyone help me to identify what causes these problems?

Model name: Huawei P9 Plus
Model number: VIE-L29
EMUI version: EMUI 4.1.1
Android version: 6.0
Root condition: Not even once
Recently updated app before glitch: Dropbox, Gmail, Google Chrome, Grab, Instagram, Shazam, 知乎 at 2019-09-11 p.m. session (Glitch starts on 2019-09-12 a.m. session)

Glitch Details:

1. Power button won't kill apps and lock screen correctly.
2. Fingerprint sensor not working. (Unlock screen, pull down notification, unlock locked apps)
3. Default optimizer won't respond when tapping.
4. Navigation bar won't reappear.
5. When I toggle to "Replace navigation bar", the back button won't work in most apps.
6. Keyboard won't appear when tap on typing slot. Sometimes it appears when I tap on typing area briefly after phone restart, then the keyboard stays forever, blocking bottom section of the screen. (The keyboard’s still can be pressed like normal keyboard)
7. Shortcuts in notification panel takes longer time to enable/disable, sometimes won't respond at all. (Especially Bluetooth and Aeroplane mode)
8. Screenshots function unavailable via gesture or power button+volume down button, can only use “Screenshot” in Shortcut panel.
9. Popup notification (at dock area) won't disappear. (Can be replaced with new notification, but still won't disappear.
10. Notification won't disappear in status bar after swipe to dismiss in pulled-down notification panel.
11. Battery status (percentage and charging icon) won't change during charging/normal standby. (Data/Wifi connection, network speed, clock still showing changes though)
12. All full screen app won't proceed to next screen automatically, some apps that require tapping to proceed also will not go on after multiple tapping.
13. Phone screen dimmed after 10 seconds and blacked out after 1 seconds when using. My phone sleep is always set to 15 seconds. (Occurs randomly after some restart, the dim can be dismissed by tapping on "Home" button.)
14. Tapping on some apps (like the system app 'Setting') function won't respond.
15. In Setting>Apps, all apps takes forever in 'computing' on the data and cache sizes.
16. 'Process system is not responding' message pop up after I tap on back button multiple while quitting apps, or right after I restart my phone. (I've tried to reset app preferences to no avail...)
17. The messages that have been read in 'Message' system app, 'Whatsapp' will still labelled as 'Unread' (message quantity shown).
18. The phone usually back to normal after 2-4 hours. (Today's record over 9 hours+, until now still malfunctioning)
19. The glitch usually occurs at 5am to 9am (After I slept and not using the phone), with/without my phone turn on.
20. I'm trying to connect my phone to PC via HiSuite for backup and recovery, but it keeps showing the device is not connected. Also, after 2-3 minutes, the cable connection will cause the phone to auto-restart few times.
21. Volume button won’t function in raise/lower volume settings (volume controller won’t appear), but I can control Media volume in music player built-in controller.
22. In 'Ultra battery mode' (Update: Normal home screen too), sometimes it freezes partial screen (except 'Dialler' and 'Messaging' zone, refer to the red-colored zone in image below.)

no-freeze-area.jpg

Last edited:

Eric2190

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have did the wipe cache partition, but still can't solve the problem. And also uninstalled all the mentioned recently-updated-apps. Now even the 'Process system isn't responding' notification won't go away (I can't click 'Ok' to close it, the button is in the red-colored freeze screen zone) after each restart. I can interact with pulled-down notification panel and open various Shortcuts, but that won't do anything since that notification is blocking the main screen.

process-system-blocking-phone.jpg
(This is an edited reference image from Internet, I still can't take screenshot and upload it.)

Last edited:

Eric2190

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried the exactly steps several times, still can't open the Safe Mode. Also, I use another phone to call and message my problematic phone. The dial is on, message is sent, but the receiving phone won't ring or receive any message.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is that the Chinese variant of the phone? I seem to recall that Chinese versions don't allow the user to boot into Safe Mode, for some reason.

Eric2190

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Alright, all of a sudden the phone backs to normal after 2 days and finally I'm able to backup all my newest files via HiSuite again. UPDATE: Just done a factory reset, restoring phone and testing apps. Everything's good now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa