Missing Sync now available for Droid.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I have with other devices. Never was that impressed. Also that is not yet ready for Android 2.0. Just a friendly warning. ;)

skitbraviking

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have with other devices. Never was that impressed. Also that is not yet ready for Android 2.0. Just a friendly warning. ;)

It is available but only the media functions. They said, in an email, the other functions will have a free update once they are available.

I like that you can sync your play lists.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It is available but only the media functions. They said, in an email, the other functions will have a free update once they are available.

I like that you can sync your play lists.

Yup, it will be free in a update but the last update for the Blackberry version really mucked things up and not just for me... Like I said, I have not had the best luck with their software.

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Do not buy this. There are free versions that do the same thing. Had it for my BB and wasted my money. I ripped myself off spending $40.

hookbill

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have done this. My computer recognizes it as external memory but DoubleTwist does nothing. Any other suggestions?

I'll bet you just think it's not doing anything. Look closely at the symbol where you drag the pics/music. It will turn round and it may not look like it's doing anything but all of a sudden a little clock hand will start to move.

It fooled me like this and I kept crashing the programs. It was user error.:eek:

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Double twist is an annoying program. I can do the same thing with drag & drop. It does not monitor folders to transfer new files. So, my podcasts do not automatically transfer after download.

On Media Link, I cannot figure out how to add additional folders to the sync file. My podcasts don't download to the music folder, but to a separate folder.

I see Missing Sync has full Droid functionality now. Has anyone tried it in the last few days with the latest update? It appears to be the most robust solution for contacts, calendar, media, etc.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
You can try the Companion Link for free for two weeks. It works like a charm, outstanding support...I can't say enough.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I made the leap and bought Missing Sync. I haven't been able to get it to successfully sync. It freezes after about a thousand contacts (I have just over 2,500 right now and another 2,500 I'd like to sync).

Damn frustrating. The logs are no help. They don't identify an error in a manner that a lay person can understand.

They syncing mechanism seems slow as well. Perhaps once it does a successful first sync, it will speed up. But, it takes a long time to go through all of the contacts the first go around (or in my case the 15th unsuccessful round).

I'm still struggling with the music sync, too. I had put music on the phone previously. The syncing mechanism does not seem to recognize that the songs are the same and wants to add duplicates.

I've never been one use I-Tunes or Windows Media, so there is a steep learning curve. Looks like Itunes will be the likely default program. Both are more difficult to manipulate files in than is RealPlayer, which is not compatible with any music transfer program. I'm hoping the I-Tunes ability to select which music syncs to one's Ipod works with this program, too.

I'll probably have to delete all my music and do a fresh sync.

It would have been nice to try this program before shelling out the money.

Right now I'm waiting on a customer support e-mail response. We'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Update: after too many attempts to count and multiple efforts by customer service, Missing Sync still does not work.

And, a new wrinkle. I got it to sync some contacts. The problem is that if you already have Google contacts, this program duplicates them. You have to delete all of your Google contacts, or have two of everything.

The music stuff works. But other programs do it for free. This program is the biggest waste of money going.

Bottomline, don't buy this program.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I had a feeling it wasn't going to be that great. :(

Thanks for taking the plunge and sharing your experience. And well, saving us money. I do miss my Desktop Manager a bit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress