Motorola Milestone Rooting Questions

tst666

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
First things first, is the motorola milesotone a good android phone, or should i look for somthign different, I foudn it for about 250 unlocked and rooted so is it worth it?

Also does rooting it really kill the battery, and can i change the operating speed, the guy says its running at 1000ghz can i lower it to 800 or so if i feel the need to, or is that locker?

Lastly Hows the keyboard on this thing, can you use the virtual keyboard on the internet.

GZ20TT

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
First things first, is the motorola milesotone a good android phone, or should i look for somthign different, I foudn it for about 250 unlocked and rooted so is it worth it?

Also does rooting it really kill the battery, and can i change the operating speed, the guy says its running at 1000ghz can i lower it to 800 or so if i feel the need to, or is that locker?

Lastly Hows the keyboard on this thing, can you use the virtual keyboard on the internet.

Milestone basically the same as Droid 1 - so all the good things you hear about it on here still apply. Bear in mind - where are you - as Milestone won't work in the USA as it's GSM and on Euro/Asia frequencies.
Very few problems - peeling camera button, not properly supported headphone jack etc - but otherwise - built like a tank.

$250 - no idea - country dependent again. It is an older phone though - about 1/2 a generation behind, but can still hold it's own with the best of the current when rooted/ROM'd and tweaked.

Battery is all about usage rather than clock speed. The screen on any phone is what uses the most juice. Use the phone a lot - it will use juice.

The ROM can adjust speed on the fly as required so that even if you are running 1GHZ (max setting) , if you don't need it - it will run at a lower clock for that application. Also there are apps like SetCPU that can be set up with profiles or you can set up profiles in the ROM itself.

Depending on how the overclock was applied - via ADB or with one of the Open Recovery (G.O.T. or Androiani etc) will determine whether you can easily adjust the clock speed (and voltage)

I have a Milestone here in Australia - overclocked to 1GHZ, managed by SetCPU and on a hacked 2.2.1 ROM - works fine with battery not too bad - lasts a day with moderate use easily.

Keyboard - major flaw of the Milestone/Droid 1 as it ain't that comfortable. Useable though. 2 versions exist - super flat which is the worst - and one series where the keys are more bubbled/rounded which is nicer to use.

Onscreen keyboard can be used anywhere you wan to add text - in landscape or portrait. You can also choose from a number of virtual keyboards if you don't like the stocker.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
" I have a Milestone here in Australia - overclocked to 1GHZ, managed by SetCPU and on a hacked 2.2.1 ROM "

I thought the MileStone doesn't support custom ROMs , you know due to the locked boatloader !!

How did you load a custom ROM in it , i've been looking to install one for a while now , not because im board , its just that i need Apps2SD really bad , i can't even update a single app without getting "LOW SPACE"

Is this ROM working perfectly ? or ...
I've found the leaked FroYo , but WI-FI & Camera isn't working in it

Is it vanilla UI or got Motoblur , Sense UI or Touch WIz in it

Can you post a link about where did you get it & the instructions to install it ?

Much appreciate it

about the MileStone build quality :

Actually its a well built phone , more like a " Tank" & can survive falls

The battery life is good , but depends on the way you use it
Mine is not overloackd , still running on 550 MHz which is fast & smooth
I rooted mine too , it doesn't effect the battery life
mine basically lasts for about 3 days of moderate usage , but if you are a heavy Wi-Fi user it will last for a full day of heavy Wi-Fi usage .

GZ20TT

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
"

How did you load a custom ROM in it , i've been looking to install one for a while now , not because im board , its just that i need Apps2SD really bad , i can't even update a single app without getting "LOW SPACE"

Is this ROM working perfectly ? or ...
I've found the leaked FroYo , but WI-FI & Camera isn't working in it

Is it vanilla UI or got Motoblur , Sense UI or Touch WIz in it

Can you post a link about where did you get it & the instructions to install it ?

Much appreciate it

Try here:
G.O.T 2.2.1 released(2.6.32.9 kernel) - xda-developers

Full .sbf file - not sure which on will suit you best. I'm in Australia and use the UK retail version, a few other locals have the Europe. A lot will depend on the 3G radio bands you need.

Flash ROM using RSDLite.

Apps to SD works fine, but bear in mind this is stock FroYo A2SD - so the app must support it for it to work. There are workarounds involving partitioning and other tricks to force A2SD - but this is a different method and a bit beyond me.

The ROM works fine for me. No random reboots, no problems with any apps I've installed.
I was able to install Adobe Flash and Adobe AIR too.
It's vanilla android - no Blur in sight.
Rooted and overclocked it runs very sweetly.
Others report no problems with adding a Launcher like ADW or Launcher Pro.

There is a small homescreen redraw lag - but that is common as it's a leaked 2.2 kernel that looks like it hasn't been fully optimised.
Once in apps - there is no lag.
Quadrant and Linpack scores are really improved. (overclock helps here too)

THEN

After you have this - you can muck around with custom ROMS.
Depending on the ROM - you can either load these up as Nandroid recoveries in the GOT open recovery menu or you may need to use the "other" version of Open Recovery and load up the ROM as a Nandroid backup in that.

I've been hearing very nice things about the Cyanogen port as well as a version of the MIUI ROM.

Threads on this are in the same section of the link.

However - I'm quite happy with 2.2.1 stock - which I have had for a month or two now. Many others swap ROMS daily with no ill effect.

Hope this helps.

rineenriq

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
mytouch 4g

To compete in the rapidly growing mobile industry T-Mobile has bolstered its new range of upcoming mobile phones with the new HSPA+ network at 4G speeds. Android powered myTouch 4G let you stay connected with your friends and relatives even without Wi-Fi.

mytouch 4g