Virgin Mobile Allowing Roaming?

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I got a text from them yesterday about a TOS change taking place in July, and they linked to here: Virgin Mobile USA

Roaming
The term "roaming" typically refers to coverage on another carrier's network that we may make available to you based on our agreements with other carriers. These agreements may change from time to time, and roaming coverage is subject to change without notice. Your ability to receive roaming coverage depends on the radio transmissions your Device can pick up and the availability of roaming coverage. We make no guarantee that roaming coverage will be available. Roaming coverage may exist both within and outside our network coverage areas. Your Device will generally indicate when you're roaming. Depending on your Services, separate charges or limits on the amount of minutes used while roaming may apply. Certain Services may not be available or work the same when roaming (for example, data Services, voicemail, call waiting, etc.). For information on whether roaming applies, see your service plan details.

So it looks like they might be allowing roaming, I've read on countless threads that they don't and won't but it looks like they already do(this is not part of the updates TOS).

Thoughts, discussions, am I interpreting this wrong?

Also, feel free to discuss your thoughts on the rest of the TOS changes too.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
More then likely this is due to the newer phones that VM will release in the future do to compatibility..

I highly doubt that our gens of cells will allow such capabilities however do to ROM restrictions..

Time will tell however as our scene is pretty top notch when it comes to changing such factors within ROM parameters let alone PRL restrictions..

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
WOAH. By that logic, I can totally make voice calls when I go to my mommom's in deal island! :D
And my other grandparents are covered also by the same 800 roaming coverage. Sooooo by that logic, I should be able to make calls. But does my triumph have those bands? :p

qew204

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Well as of right now, Virgin Mobile phone CANNOT Roam. I tried forcing my Optimus V to and Verizon would not allow the call, meaning that VM has not implemented roaming yet. They may allow roaming in the future and that is why that map is there waiting, possibly, for the change to happen.

And about the phone bands....I'm not sure there are conflicting reports saying yes it has 800Mhz while others say it only has 1900Mhz. It might just the 1900 Mhz because thats what
VM uses, but on the other hand I think it would need 800Mhz when its out of VM service area and would need to place an emergency call and only 800Mhz would be available.

800Mhz refers to CDMA 800-850 Band
NOT 800Mhz ESMR.

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Woah thanks! :O

And yeah, sorry about not replying sooner, I get auto updates for the triumph forum but AC never alerted me! :-(

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty