A Hack For All Roms...

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Just sharing what I found in the clouds:)

"This zip should be all you need to get your phone running in tip top shape. More specifically, it will hopefully make your phone run faster, longer, and more stable. I think a good majority of you will notice the difference, and some will not. I have different versions of the zip for various custom ROMS (rubix, liberty, darkslide, etc. and maybe even stock ROM) - I hope to make a single unified zip that works for all ROMS soon. It should also work for both Droid X and Droid 2."

EDIT:

http://www.imoseyon.com/2011/03/universal-zip-imoseyon-mods-v50.html

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffnucci

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone tried this or torn it down to see what it does? If it would actually help I would love to have it but I'm not going to install it until I know what it is.

Reactions: jeffnucci

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay after seeing a couple comments I take back what I said. I applied this on Apex 1.4.1 for DX and am noticing a subtle difference. Very nice.

Reactions: kentusmc

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was kinda curious as what it does to and since on liberty 1.5.
I wont have to download anything but just tick that option in the tool box :confused:(its early still ha) .
I couldnt do it anyhoo dx is at home and I am not :p waiting on feedback from those that have done it ha .

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
My phone is running a lot snappier today. Everyone should download this if they're comfortable and have a compatible ROM.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I went thru the toolbox in Liberty and enabled Sysctl and haven't seen any changes. I did not change any parameters just ticked sysctl. I will do some more research before changing any parameters. And ask a fellow member for some tips. OP it would be good if you posted actual results of what it does to your device when this is enabled AND parameters changed.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well from your site reference its a system cache cleaner, task enabler and tweaks some kernel stuff and ROM stuff if you have a custom ROM. So now I see how it "may" help some, and not others. I think I'll stick to the toolbox in Liberty til further results are seen

mac16

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay after seeing a couple comments I take back what I said. I applied this on Apex 1.4.1 for DX and am noticing a subtle difference. Very nice.

That makes absolutely no sense since apex 1.41 comes with this tweak pre installed. Am I correct here? Or did fab only use some of his changes? None the less I get such good battery with apex I really dont need this LOL.

From fab's thread.

Apex 1.41 tweaks
-integrated Marius/Imoseyon's startup/cron scripts into my init.d scripts (well, basically kanged them!)

I did this tweak on liberty 1.5, and while I did notice more free RAM I didn't notice a real difference in battery life...??

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
BumP!
OP has updated link to Zip. This should work for ALL Roms now (some already have it built in!) BackUP!! and play w/ this if your bored...lol..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
BumP!
OP has updated link to Zip. This should work for ALL Roms now (some already have it built in!) BackUP!! and play w/ this if your bored...lol..