Question about Gingerbread

FrankWhite77

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just put Gingerbread on my brother's Droid X. I forgot to wipe the caches before I did it and it's taking a really long time to do the media scanning and booting (could be because it is trying to sync) but I wanted to go back into recovery and try to wipe them and flash again. Am I correct when I think I have to flash back to stock, root again, bootstrap again, then clear caches, then flash again? Or is there a way to just go to recovery from gingerbread, wipe caches and flash it again?

Thanks in advance.

FrankWhite77

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not technically a bootloop (i believe) it's just the phone took about 5 minutes to do all media scans and loading (not on boot screen, but while initally looking at home screen) but once it is loaded the phone runs fine.

rajones19

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
My first boot after install took about 12 minutes. Seemed more like two hours. I was just about to yank the battery when it finished. I had not wiped data/cache, not sure if that had anything to do with it. I did later go back and wipe, figuring a fresh start was worth a little work in re-downloading all the apps. It's running great.