Gingerbread keyboard lag?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have keyboard lag with the multitouch keyboard? I have noticed this with all gb builds. Keyboard can't keep up, if I can't find a fix I think im going back to froyo.

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I like the keyboard that was out a few months ago which was called the Gingerbread keyboard. I think it is the actual gingerbread keyboard instead of the multitouch keyboard that Motorola skinned into Gingerbread for the DroidX. It is a black back background with grey letters. The predictions are orange/brown in color and are much better and more extensive than what Moto gives. The prediction bar turns to a punctuation bar after every word which is also great....
and the best thing is NO LAG! (At least not for me.) I also DID notice lag with the keyboard in the GB leak, so I do think it works better.
Good luck.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That is Steve Lin's gingerbread keyboard and yes it is boss(new term I learned) when it comes to keyboards. Multi touch cant compete with it. Never lags, haptic feedback is spot on and the proximity of each letter is exact lessening your typos.

Sage_F

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I grabbed the FlexT9 when it was free on Amazon and I haven't noticed any lag. Same with Swift Key. But i agree the moto keyboard has horrible lag for some reason.

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Definitely +1 for Stephen Lin's keyboard. If you haven't tried it I totally would, better than any other KB I've used. The donate version is nicely customizable too :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have keyboard lag with the multitouch keyboard? I have noticed this with all gb builds. Keyboard can't keep up, if I can't find a fix I think im going back to froyo.

Disable the Vibration option and sound and it will work smoothly, not sure why but this works for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89