Hey all,

I purchased one of these from China (after purchasing three from Amazon and having none of them work) on Ebay, and it works perfectly. In anticipation of it working, I bought extras when I ordered mine.

I put them up on Ebay in case anyone would like one. I am charging more than the China ones as I will get it to you 2-3 days MAX.

When I bought mine, I would have happily paid more to not have to wait close to a month for it to be delivered (China ones work best, but I HATE that wait). I thought others might feel the same way, so I set up the Ebay page. I'm charging $17 (covers my cost to buy one, plus free shipping, plus overhead, plus a profit to make it worthwhile). If you don't want it, then don't go for it. But I know I would have liked the option when I was looking.

Oh, and it works like a charm, by the way. I'm not even using my ps3 controller. I have a lighter USB Logitech one that works even better ($10 from Walmart).

Not looking to start fights, but wanted to let people know. If no one wants them, then I'll just eat the cost. It's worth it to share with the XOOM community. Love the tablet, and love being able to play all my emulators with an actual controller (had been contemplating an Xperia Play, but not now. Big screen is so much better).

I think this will take you to it (Micro USB to USB Female Cable USB-OTG - Great for XOOM | eBay)

If not then just search Ebay for Micro USB to USB Female Cable USB-OTG - Great for XOOM and limit it to USA. Mine is pretty much it.

Thanks
    K--
    07-07-2011 05:39 PM
    dude, these cables cost $3-4 on ebay. I may as well just fork over the extra $3 to motorola and get an official one at bestbuy.
    07-07-2011 07:01 PM
    Yup. The $4 ones come from China and take about 3 weeks. And when I had checked at BestBuy before, they didn't have them (at least not correct ones that worked the way they were supposed to).

I agree if there's a better deal go with it. Only trying to offer up for those who want them quicker, and want to know it will defiitely work for this purpose. I went through several that claimed to be OTG or to do the job, and then didn't.

If you can find it cheaper and you don't mind the what, then definitely go for it. My only goal is to help with speedy delivery.

K--
    07-07-2011 08:02 PM
    Dropped the price by a dollar down to $16 for the ones I have left over. Thanks to those who have purchased.

K--
    07-13-2011 11:11 AM
    Sorry friend, while I appreciate your jesture, your words are contradictory.

In justifying your asking price you include: "plus free shipping" ????
    and: "plus a profit to make it worthwhile"

But in a follow-up post you state:
    "My only goal is to help with speedy delivery"

If your only goal is to help, then why do you need to "include a profit to make it worthwhile"? I don't begrudge anyone making money, but you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

I would have gladly payed extra to buy from some in the USA, but your message is inconsistent.
    07-14-2011 01:07 PM
    TBH I ordered two different OTG cables from different vendors from China recently, and got both of them within a week. Only times I find China slow is around the Holidays and Chinese New Year.

-Mike
    07-14-2011 03:06 PM
    BrianWech:

I understand where you're coming from...I think. I certainly am not trying to dance around any doubletalk. Yup, I threw in "free shipping" so that it was just a straight up price to make things easier. I'm assuming you are familiar with Ebay. They typically charge shipping on top of the auction price. I wasn't. I wanted to simplify things. And yup, I was charging enough to make this worthwhile in case I sold nothing and had to eat the price difference.

And my goal is setting up the auction was to help people who wanted to avoid the typically lengthy delivery delays from China (with all respect to Mloebl, I've never received things from Hong Kong that quickly. If you do, then awesome. Don't use me as you are already getting a great deal.) As stated before, I knew that when I bought mine I would have happily paid extra to receive it within days as opposed to weeks. I figured I would offer that to others.

I appreciate the critiques, and I'm assuming you aren't the ones who purchased the ones I had up on Ebay (all of which sold...thank you). I was only trying to provide a service for those who wanted to take advantage of it. Now I just have to decide if it's worth risking the money and doing it again.

Out of curiosity, did you really find that confusing (me wanting to sell them locally for a profit so people can get them more quickly) or were you just being nitpicky? :-p

K--
    07-17-2011 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD