Picture quality/color problems

anon(19803)

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Not related to pictures taken with the camera, rather, pictures that I've taken with my DSLR and loaded onto my Xoom.

They look fine on my camera. They look fine on my monitor. I export them to jpeg (so they are viewable on my Xoom) and they still look fine on my monitor. I load them on the Xoom... and the colors go to crap. They're grey, and cold. Its like the color temperature dropped significantly, as well as the saturation. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried pulling the pictures up on facebook on my Xoom and the colors looked fine, so it has something to do with how the Xoom is displaying them and its completely unacceptable.

I bought this because I wanted something that I could put pictures on to show to potential customers (I am a part time photographer) and this just won't cut it. If I can't find a solution, I'm definitely returning this. Someone, anyone, please help.

anon(19803)

May 1, 2010
Visit site
What fixed it? I was going to say I do photography also and the images do look off when on the Xoom.

sent by CyanogenMod X

When I shoot on my D700, I shoot in AdobeRGB and in RAW format. When I export my final pictures from Lightroom, by default it exports them into PhotoPro colorspace, which apparently, the Xoom doesn't really play nice with. I had to go back into Lighroom and re-export all my pictures, making sure to change the settings to AdobeRGB.

This isn't the only time I've had a problem with something not liking my pictures. Google's Picasa service does not like my pictures unless I am sure to export to AdobeRGB.

Reactions: wgragg

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Thanks for the info. I shoot raw+JPEG so I have a copy in JPEG right away then make edits to the JPEG to show then make final edits to the raw when needed.

sent by CyanogenMod X

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Good to know. I've posted before about the poor quality of my photos on the Xoom. I better check on how I have them being exported in LR and adjust that.