Google Chrome Beta on Motorola Xoom Wifi

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So i recently downloaded Google Chrome Beta for my motorola Xoom which is stock and unrooted running ICS 4.0.3 , I just wanted to get some feedback on how its running for you guys?

Keep in mind that it is a Beta, That being said for me it runs terribly slow. my stock browser is much faster. I get an occasional crash here and there. It weird because i saw it running on a Galaxy Nexus and its incredibly fast. Im guessing it need to be optimized for tablets running ICS. So lets here that feedback

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Running Eos ICS ROM on my 4G XOOM. Overclocking at 1.2GHz.

I don't see any issues with it. Chrome Beta runs fine. Perhaps it's the lack of a progress bar that's throwing you? The stock browser lets you know it's thinking. ;-) Chrome beta doesn't have that kind of feedback, so you're just left to stare at the screen while a new screen is loading.

I like it. Another step closer to the look and feel of a notebook. ;-)

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
i was just playing around with. i kind like it.having issues with the typing, i was in another forum and every other letter would capitalize it self. return to fix it and it still wont go lower case. also if you use chrome on your home computer, be aware of your bookmarks. chrome automatically loaded onto my xoom and i didnt want some of them, so i deleted a few and now they are gone on my laptop.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So I ran some speed tests and cleared the cache before each test. I ran one on chrome and the other with the stock browser and timed it with a stop watch . Here are the results:

Droid-life
  • chrome 21.6 seconds
  • stock browser 13.3 seconds

Engadget
  • chrome 27.2
  • stock browser 19.6

BGR
  • chrome 33.9
  • stock browser 19.8

Amazon
  • chrome 8.2
  • stock browser 5.1

Nytimes
  • chrome 7.8
  • stock browser 4.9

So I guess that proves it. The stock browser is faster.