Can't add google account to Motorla

91Fbh

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone I'm trying to help my sister with an issue on here device but I'm at a loss.
She has a Moto One Action running Android 11.

A couple of days ago she lost access to all her Google apps. Her account disappeared from Apps like Gmail and Youtube but when trying to log in it would tell her "this account already exists on this device". She then removed her account from the "accounts" tab in the settings menu to see if doing a fresh log in would solve the issue but now she can't add her (or any other) google account.

She'll enter her account credentials and then a "checking info" screen will appear for maybe half a second before kicking her back to the accounts screen without logging her in.
Please note this is different to another issue I've seen online where the phone will get stuck on the "checking info" screen, in her case she'll only see that screen for a very short time and then it will essentially crash and go back to the accounts screen.

Things I've tried based on personal knowledge and online searches:
- Checked for system updates (it's up to date)
- Tried logging in using Wifi and on mobile network
- Set timezone and time to "provided by network"
- Cleared cache and "data" on Google Play services and all google related apps (play store, gmail, chrome, etc)
- Cleared cache and data on Android System webview
- Uninstalled updates on google play services and all google related apps (play store, gmail, chrome, etc)
- Disabled the "find my phone" function
- Reestablished preferences on all apps.

Next step is going for a full factory reset but I'd like to avoid that if possible. Any suggestion would be welcome

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Could it be that her Google account was hacked and her password has been changed?
On a clean computer, open the Google web page and try logging into her account.

91Fbh

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
No, the issue doesn't seem to be tied to her account.
Just to be sure we tried logging in with her work email (also google based) and my own personal account but we got the same issue with all of them.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
In the initial part of your post it sounds like Google removed her account. I mean for it to disappear from YouTube and other Google products all at once could be explained by her account being banned/closed by Google. A brief look at their TOS show there are literally 101 ways to get kicked off Google. This would be where I would start by verifying that the account still exists by attempting to log in form another device. If you can still sign in to Google or Chrome on a PC or laptop then we'll concern ourselves with the device.

Now I'm not sure why the device wouldn't accept another account unless it still sees a banned account as the owner of the device. Since she can't access her account to remove the device a factory reset may be the only way to get an account on it but be warned factory reset from the settings menu and not through physical buttons. Using the physical buttons will trigger the anti theft protocol where you will need to enter the original Google account info to get into the phone. If the account is banned, blocked or closed she will be forever locked out of the device. By performing the reset from the settings menu you should be able to avoid that, as it should not trigger this protocol.

First things first, figure out if the account still exists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv