Has Best Buy called?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
No calls for me, but I dont expect one. When I put in my preorder they said I could show up any time on Thursday and pick it up. With all this talk about how preorders didn't guarantee a Xoom on realize day, I called to check. I am guaranteed one on launch day. If I don't show up they will go down the list of those who were on the "standby" portion.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I was told if they had a bunch of pre orders like 20 they would call and set up a time. No call yet. I called and they just said come in tomorrow at opening.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(186357)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just received a call from Best Buy setting up an appointment. When I pre-ordered on Monday evening, they said I was the first to pre-order, so I didn't think they'd have too many people to get through. Maybe sales picked up?

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I called the BB store where I pre-ordered. The guy at the Mobile desk told me he hasn't received his allotment of Xooms yet and expects them this afternoon. I asked him if he had any accessories yet and he said he has 1 docking station and 1 case right now. He told me they had a few pre-orders and I'm first on the list. Said they would call once they get them in to set up a time to come pick it up.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I was told they would call me this morning which never happened. So, I did call over there and they say they only got 5 in but I was the first pre-order so I can come in at any time and get one.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
They called me and the got 5 in as well but only 2 preorders, which I was number 2, so they will hold mine.

Not even sure I am picking it up. Still heavily leaning towards no.

neller2000

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
surprised no more pre orders then that

Haha you're kidding right? I'll just start the list in short order for you. Price, required data activation, no working SD slot, no Flash, no LTE off the bat, barely any tablet apps, people wanting Wi-Fi version only, not enough choices as far as a 16GB or 8GB version, not enough commercials or reviews, if any at all.

The list is much longer than that. I'm still getting one though but the general public have no clue this thing is out there shortly. Even if they did, they very quickly notice my points about price and not enough models available and go for the iPad.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Haha you're kidding right? I'll just start the list in short order for you. Price, required data activation, no working SD slot, no Flash, no LTE off the bat, barely any tablet apps, people wanting Wi-Fi version only, not enough choices as far as a 16GB or 8GB version, not enough commercials or reviews, if any at all.

The list is much longer than that. I'm still getting one though but the general public have no clue this thing is out there shortly. Even if they did, they very quickly notice my points about price and not enough models available and go for the iPad.
These are all the reasons why I am likely to not pick mine up.

voiceonly

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Got the call

Has anyone who placed a pre-order received a call from Best Buy today telling them when to come in tomorrow?

I received a call at 1:30pm, 2/23, telling me the Xoom is in, and tomorrow (Thurs) they wanted to set up an appt to get it set up and activated because they didn't want everyone coming in all at once.

So, tomorrow at 12:30, I'll be a new XOOM owner!

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I'll be damned. I got a phone call. Told her I didn't need to schedule a time since i would be there at open. Looks like they are trying to make things as smooth as possible.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I did not get a call - I had to call the store (again) to ask what was going on for tomorrow and was told they had no idea. The girl at the Mobile desk told me all they know is their display is going up tomorrow, and I should call the manager tomorrow after 10 a.m. and ask him. That's some customer service right there. Should have known better than to deal with BB.

I'll be stopping by the closest VZW corporate store tomorrow morning to try to get one.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Got the call today. Said just to come at opening at 10. I then called the Verizon next door. Opens at 9:30. Ill be at Verizon first and see what happens :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38