Xoom pricing vs iPad 2

scifisniper

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain why everyone says the iPad 2 is cheaper? I know that some of the features of the Xoom aren't avaible yet, but are going to be free updates and upgrades. So you compare the 64 gig iPad 2 with 3g for $829 and compare it against the Xoom for $799. The Xoom will have SD card support that will put it up to 64 gigs storage, a free 4g upgrade (anyone know a value for that?), flash support (value?), higher resolution display, bigger display, widgets, open platform with unlocked bootloader, more memory. With all it has now and what is coming in the future, I don't see how anyone can compare the prices and see the iPad 2 as a better value. Its like saying a go kart is a better value than a Lexus. Sure they both has 4 wheels and can get you from point A to B, but the Lexus is going to do it better, faster, and with more style.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
What's the going rate on a 32GB micro SD card? Say 60 bucks. Now the xoom 64gb is more :p. Its being compared to the 32gb Ipad at 729 making it cheaper.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Now add the $40 to $50 bucks Apple wants for their HDMI dongle and iPad2 is the more expensive again... and it's looking like a kluge. ;-)

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain why everyone says the iPad 2 is cheaper? I know that some of the features of the Xoom aren't avaible yet, but are going to be free updates and upgrades. So you compare the 64 gig iPad 2 with 3g for $829 and compare it against the Xoom for $799. The Xoom will have SD card support that will put it up to 64 gigs storage, a free 4g upgrade (anyone know a value for that?), flash support (value?), higher resolution display, bigger display, widgets, open platform with unlocked bootloader, more memory. With all it has now and what is coming in the future, I don't see how anyone can compare the prices and see the iPad 2 as a better value. Its like saying a go kart is a better value than a Lexus. Sure they both has 4 wheels and can get you from point A to B, but the Lexus is going to do it better, faster, and with more style.

It's because for public views Android as a incomplete OS in the tablet world. With the iPad you're paying for a brand, smooth os, readily available app store, accessories. In the tablet world, were it's unproven people even need a tablet the average consumer is not going to purchase a Xoom at $800 when they can purchase a iPad at $349 or $399 or a iPad 2 at $499. I doubt android tablets are going to take off this year unless Google subsides the tablets. Sure the market will be flooded with them but the majority of tablet population will still own a iPad or iPad 2. While the tablet market will be segmented like always -.-

This coming from a person who loves android and hates the apple. (I had $200 in apps and then my account got hacked. They would not restore access unless I allow them to let the hacked charges go through and then they will refund me in 4-6 weeks.)

AtomicAge

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Because not everyone needs every feature. I don't need 3G, with the iPad I would have the option of buying a cheaper version without 3G. If I don't need the memory, I can buy one with less memory. It's about what price the company charges for a product that is enough to satisfy my needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty