is there a way to sort bookmarks?

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Not on the Xoom itself, at least not yet. The way to do it is to setup your bookmarks on the desktop version of the Google Chrome browser, then sync them to the Xoom using the sync option in the Chrome settings and on the Xoom.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Not on the Xoom itself, at least not yet. The way to do it is to setup your bookmarks on the desktop version of the Google Chrome browser, then sync them to the Xoom using the sync option in the Chrome settings and on the Xoom.

If you are a Chrome user this is golden. All my chrome bookmarks showed right up! I found creating files and sorting bookmarks on Chrome easiest as well.

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
You can make folders within your bookmarks.

Click the star like your making a bookmark. Then select "other folders" under the "add to" line. There you will be able to make a new folder.

IMG_20110312_232932.jpg

-kesnik

Last edited:

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
You can make folders within your bookmarks.

Click the star like your making a bookmark. Then select "other folders" under the "add to" line. There you will be able to make a new folder.

<<pic>>

-kesnik
That's great for organizing, but unfortunately doesn't accomplish sorting. Your folders and links are initially displayed in the order they were created. I haven't yet seen if the display order will follow what I've observed on my Droid, where bookmarks over time are displayed in the order they are most frequently accessed.

I wold prefer to have options to sort A-Z or by frequency, but for some reason the only way to sort A-Z is to use the external Chrome sync kluge...

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
The option to sort the bookmarks by whatever criteria is not in there unfortunately. However, as others have pointed out, Chrome syncing at least works as a workaround for now. As long as you're syncing with Chrome, you can use the sort option within Chrome for your bookmarks which will then sort them on your Xoom the next time it syncs. Hopefully they add a sort option on the Xoom in the future.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
What I do for organizing bookmarks is use a different launcher.. like LPP. I use LPPs bookmark widget which lets you organize by most recent/most used/or alphabetically. I use alphabetically and then put a number in front of each bookmark.
Looks like this:
1. Google
2. eBay
3. Amazon
4. Weather
5. News