Back casing coming loose

faith4more

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had my xoom for about 3 weeks. When I got it was solid. But left side casing is loose. Pops when you push down a certain way. I am going to return it for a refund. Love honeycomb and really like the Xoom. But I have found it to be a little heavier than I want.

The heaviness alone would not make me return it but since I have a problem think I will go for refund and see what other honeycomb tablets come out.

I hope we get a bunch of 7 inch tablets as I want to compare them with the larger ones. I like the 10.1 screen real estate but wonder if I would use it more if was smaller. Honestly at times I just use my atrix instead of tablet because of weight.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had my xoom for about 3 weeks. When I got it was solid. But left side casing is loose. Pops when you push down a certain way. I am going to return it for a refund. Love honeycomb and really like the Xoom. But I have found it to be a little heavier than I want.

The heaviness alone would not make me return it but since I have a problem think I will go for refund and see what other honeycomb tablets come out.

I hope we get a bunch of 7 inch tablets as I want to compare them with the larger ones. I like the 10.1 screen real estate but wonder if I would use it more if was smaller. Honestly at times I just use my atrix instead of tablet because of weight.

I think you will find the seven inch tablets to have less screen area than the ten inch;-)

Post some pics of the back coming apart so we can see what you are referring to.

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
In my case it isn't something you can really see. If you press down out the left side of the device there is a distinct popping sound and you can feel it kind of depress. Almost like the original blackberry Storm.

faith4more

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You wont be able to see it in pictures. But when you apply slight pressure left back left side it will pop. It also ever so slightly moves left side outer edge as that side is where the frame meets. What is concerning is it did not come like this but over the course of a few weeks it loosened. I have been very easy on this and have not even taken it out of the house. I am glad still in 30 day so I can return it. Disappointed as the build quality seems solid.

I think many people may start having this same problem down the road.

I think you will find the seven inch tablets to have less screen area than the ten inch;-)

Post some pics of the back coming apart so we can see what you are referring to.

Last edited:

faith4more

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am going to take a hard look at the 8.9 screens. 7 inch may be to small but I know I want something lighter than the Xoom. I found it would get quite heavy while reading which is my main use.

Samsung and LG have 8.9" screens. They may be a better fit for you. LG is out next month (I think)

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am going to take a hard look at the 8.9 screens. 7 inch may be to small but I know I want something lighter than the Xoom. I found it would get quite heavy while reading which is my main use.

If your main use is reading, the Nook Color may be your best bet. It's a really quality device stock or rooted. I wish B&N would open up their magazine library to the device apps. Currently you can only read them on the Nook Color.

faith4more

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have thought about the nook. But I am enough of a geek to want a full blown tablet. Even though 70% is for reading that other 30% pushes me towards full featured stuff. Should be an interesting year as more and more honeycomb tablets hit the market. My guess is there will be something for everyone.

If your main use is reading, the Nook Color may be your best bet. It's a really quality device stock or rooted. I wish B&N would open up their magazine library to the device apps. Currently you can only read them on the Nook Color.

timmyboy188

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue, it will "pop" on the left if I push it in a certain way, but I'm not too worried about it, since my hard shell case will cover it completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty