Modded xoom dock (usb host)

kymikes

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
If I may restate what I read for clarity. BTW, I just got the HD speaker dock yesterday and was surprised that there was no USB passthru.
1. In both the standard dock and the HD dock, the audio out is through the microUSB connector on the Xoom.
2. On the HD dock, the HDMI connector from the Xoom is just a passthru but is not used within the dock.
3. If you wire from the microUSB connector in the dock to an external microUSB connector, you must "sever" the audio connection within the dock since the is the audio feed to the dock itself.

Did I get the key points here? Trying to understand what the consequences of a mod might be..From the comments I have read here, there isn't an obvious method to get the USB passthru and preserve the audio connection within the HD dock. If true, this is a rather serious design issue (but then what can you do). TIA for confirmation before I start tearing into the dock.

lolento

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If I may restate what I read for clarity. BTW, I just got the HD speaker dock yesterday and was surprised that there was no USB passthru.
1. In both the standard dock and the HD dock, the audio out is through the microUSB connector on the Xoom.
2. On the HD dock, the HDMI connector from the Xoom is just a passthru but is not used within the dock.
3. If you wire from the microUSB connector in the dock to an external microUSB connector, you must "sever" the audio connection within the dock since the is the audio feed to the dock itself.

Did I get the key points here? Trying to understand what the consequences of a mod might be..From the comments I have read here, there isn't an obvious method to get the USB passthru and preserve the audio connection within the HD dock. If true, this is a rather serious design issue (but then what can you do). TIA for confirmation before I start tearing into the dock.
r u sure about this?

jbecerril

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

i dont have the hd dock but the with dock i modded before i posted this i spliced the wires together and the aux port on the dock was still functional seemed to lose quality but functional.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch