3.1 coming today!

TDR

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It would have been nice to get this update before I went on holiday for a week ;)

I got the notification but I did the update manually on my WiFi Xoom, works great and still has root. Haven't had time to try recompiling a kernel for it yet, but it seems snappy even at stock speed.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting..... But I can see that my wi-fi Xoom is checking exactly every 2 hours on the dot. Maybe I will wake up tomorrow to a nice surprise! :)

mickeyk

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am getting really confused on which OTG USB cable to buy. Can someone who has one that is working or know of one that will work with update, please give me the link or the name so I can search for one.

Thanks,

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I just got the update and must say, unfortunately, I am NOT impressed! I noticed something that a user over on XDA also pointed out... a slight screen flicker when swiping across screens. I do not notice any great speed difference.. in fact, swiping screens seems slower actually, although apps may seem to open a tiny bit quicker. Also, my Quandrant scores (after returning to barebones stock 3.0.1) were around 2300. They are now around 1800 on 3.1. I don't really see any new apps or anything, just some minor changes to some of the settings, and the market is slightly different. I also read over on XDA that this bootloader likes to check itself and rewrite itself!! (so not easy to keep custom bootloader) Ugh!! Oh, and the first time I tried using the camera it crashed/closed on me.

Is anyone else experiencing these things? Geez, all this waiting for the OTA and reverting back to stock for this. I started out with a fresh clean stock tablet... lost all my apps/data and started over from scratch, but I guess that didn't matter. I am hoping this just needs a couple days to "settle in" or something... ? But I feel like I had sooooo much more w/ the old 3.01 and Tiamat 1.4.1, I really am tempted to flash back to that. :/

EDIT: See my updated comment below!!! (especially if you are having these problems!)

Last edited:

ICU812

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got the notification on my Sprint wifi Xoom to update. Everything's works great and being able to adjust the size of some of the Widgets is awesome, especially gmail. I'm in Charlotte NC.

*No screen flickering here. Smooth as butter! Love it!

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm, this is interesting. I decided to UNlock it again after the update. Good thing I didn't have much on it at that point, because it wiped out everything and I had to go through the tedious setup again. BUT... now it seems better in terms of performance (a bit snappier, no screen flicker, etc.)!!! Me happy! Now I just need root/clockwork/overclocking........

Senaca

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
someone from Germany / Europe here? Did you get the update?

I am using a US Xoom (ordered via Amazon.com) so I wonder whether I will get the update or I am doomed because of my IP adress...or w/e.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Nothing here. Location doesn't matter so I won't post it lol. I am just really looking forward to full Flash hardware acceleration. Is Flash much better with the update? Browser in general?

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I literally bought my VZW 3G on the first day it came out at 9am and wifi owners are getting the update before me lol. No order at all.

Me too. I bought 3 XOOMs for the family the first moments of the first day. All 3G enabled since new. No updates here.