3.1 coming today!

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried that and it didn't work. :(
Not everyone is getting the updates at the same time. They are being rolled out in phases, apparently over the next few weeks. BRD has uploaded a copy over at xda, but he is also suggesting not to flash the OTA update as it includes a bootloader and is not certain that the bootloader won't prevent you from unlocking again. As I'm rooted and themed etc, I'm waiting for an update.zip that will work on a rooted device.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the update on my 3G Xoom. Came home from work and rebooted my Xoom and it told me a system update was waiting. Haven't had much time to play with it but it seems quicker overal. Zooming in and out is much faster.

Reactions: Robotic420

derekw68

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Google, Motorola, Verizon and 3.1

Why does google announce that 3g Xooms will get the 3.1 update today, and Motorola wants everyone to not talk about it? I wish these updates would come from google and the carrier and Motorola had no say in when we will be updated. I have a CR-48 chrome laptop and when there are updates, we get them.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Android 3.1 Highlights!

Android 3.1 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

Looks good.

The only thing I found in there that may shed light on whether or not SD-Cards will now be supported was this line: "To meet the needs of tablet users, the platform now allows a "encrypted storage card" device policy to be accepted on devices with emulated storage cards and encrypted primary storage."

Last edited:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I activated on release day but I did a security wipe a week or so ago and just re-activated my 3g service today.

According to the information I received in an email after I stated that I did receive the push they are asking us not to discuss it in public forums at this time.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I activated on release day but I did a security wipe a week or so ago and just re-activated my 3g service today.

According to the information I received in an email after I stated that I did receive the push they are asking us not to discuss it in public forums at this time.

Huh? Verizon and/or Motorola is asking you not to speak about an update you received? I hope you told them to kiss your @$$???

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well not only is he closing that thread but also shutting down anyone who starts to talk about what the update is all about. What the heck is that? Why are we not supposed to talk about it?