07-05-2011 11:26 PM
33 12
tools
    Just installed my Otterbox Defender yesterday and was wondering how others felt about it. I wanted it for protection but also for better grip when in landscape use, which I use most. My only complaint is that when gripping either side the top hard shell piece moves a little, as there are no clips on the sides, only on the top and bottom. This results in a squeaky flex to the sides, especially when holding with one hand.
    Maybe better snap-together function (Body Glove cases) between the top and bottom hard shells would help?
    Other than that, I think it's a great piece. What do you think?
    06-21-2011 12:17 PM
    Would you mind posting pictures of it at different angles to show if it adds much bulk?
    06-21-2011 01:40 PM
    I just got mine today and love it. I feel much better about my xoom now. Great job otterbox!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    06-21-2011 02:15 PM
    Would you mind posting pictures of it at different angles to show if it adds much bulk?
    It does add bulk, especially with the hard shell/stand rear cover, but that doesn't bother me. Pics tomorrow...
    06-21-2011 03:14 PM
    Here are some pics of the Otterbox installed. First 2 are without the hard shell back/stand installed, second two with. Hope this helps, siscim23...
    06-22-2011 12:20 PM
    I have had mine for about a week now and love it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    06-22-2011 03:32 PM
    Just what I was looking for. User pics. Thanks!
    06-22-2011 04:43 PM
    Just got mine. My pre order apparently is being delivered later july so cancelled. Went to otterbox. Sold out. Went to ebay guy had like four left and got it. Just put it on
    06-22-2011 04:49 PM
    still waiting for CA to ship so i can put it on myself.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    06-22-2011 06:23 PM
    i waqs think about getting the otterbox for the xoom. Just not sure if i want to drop 80 bucks to get it has anybody seen it for cheaper
    06-22-2011 06:36 PM
    Just what I was looking for. User pics. Thanks!
    Did you have the Motorola case before the Otterbox?
    06-22-2011 08:48 PM
    still waiting for CA to ship so i can put it on myself.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Yup same reason why I cancelled. Apparently they aren't getting there shipments till late july
    06-22-2011 10:22 PM
    i waqs think about getting the otterbox for the xoom. Just not sure if i want to drop 80 bucks to get it has anybody seen it for cheaper
    Costco sells the defender for the iPad 2 for 59.99. Once Costco gets it I bet the price may be similar
    06-22-2011 11:43 PM
    Did you have the Motorola case before the Otterbox?
    Yes I did. I had the portfolio case and the cheap *** gel case.
    06-22-2011 11:44 PM
    I don't think the bulk would bother me since I know it's protected well, it's the damn weight though. I haven't held the Otterbox for the Xoom, but I remember when we got one for our office iPad...that sucker weighed slightly more than the iPad itself.

Is this the same?
    06-23-2011 07:58 AM
    kinda pricey, i love my leather case with the stand
    06-23-2011 10:43 AM
    I have the HD dock for the Xoom and the Otterbox is awesome and works so much better than the portfolio case. I have had three cases so far and the Otterbox is worth every penny.

I had the gel case, portfolio, and Otterbox. If you have a docking station for your Xoom, this is the right decision. The bottom folds up and allows for you to keep the case on while it is on the dock. Unlike the iPad that the bottom back had a piece that could be removed this is a much better design.
    06-23-2011 12:05 PM
    I have the HD dock for the Xoom and the Otterbox is awesome and works so much better than the portfolio case. I have had three cases so far and the Otterbox is worth every penny.

I had the gel case, portfolio, and Otterbox. If you have a docking station for your Xoom, this is the right decision. The bottom folds up and allows for you to keep the case on while it is on the dock. Unlike the iPad that the bottom back had a piece that could be removed this is a much better design.
    Could you take a pic of the xoom in the defender case resting in the dock?
    06-23-2011 02:11 PM
    Couple pics of the Xoom/Defender on the HD dock. FYI, the Otterbox does add a lot of weight to the already hefty xoom. If you're looking for a lightweight case, the Defender is not the one to get.
    06-24-2011 11:29 AM
    Well. I got my defender case today and its going right on back. As the above poster said, the added weight just plain sucks. The size doesn't quite double it in thickness but it is close. I was really excited for this but that was quickly extinguished. Oh well. I've ordered the incipio and hope that works out. Back to the silicone gel sleve...

Oh and for those with the HD speaker dock, the defender flap muffles the sound when docked
    06-24-2011 06:38 PM
    Well. I got my defender case today and its going right on back. As the above poster said, the added weight just plain sucks. The size doesn't quite double it in thickness but it is close. I was really excited for this but that was quickly extinguished. Oh well. I've ordered the incipio and hope that works out. Back to the silicone gel sleve...

Oh and for those with the HD speaker dock, the defender flap muffles the sound when docked
    If you got the silicrylic from incipio you will love it..
    06-25-2011 09:05 AM
    This case fits our needs perfect.
    06-25-2011 10:38 AM
    Like mine.
    It is bulkier than the Xoom alone, but you have to expect that with the amount of case/protection.
    I am a little dissappointed with the cover, seems a little flimsier than I expecgted, but it works great.
    I like the extra size/grip when I use the device, and I LOVE the stand feature. Am using it as the stand right now with the bt keyboard to type this in.

Personally I highly recommend the case to every Xoom user. I do think it should be more in the $69 range, than the $89 Otterbox wants for it (I didnt buy thru Otterbox, so I didnt pay the $89 they want direct. Would recommend anyone wanting one to shop around, you can get it much cheaper).

I dont use the speaker dock, so I cant speak to the speaker being covered, but I DO use the non speaker (aka cheaper) dock, and it works fine with it to charge in the case.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    06-25-2011 08:52 PM
    I use the HD speaker dock and haven't noticed a difference in sound level or quality. Regarding the grip, I'd rather see a textured rubber in place of the smooth silicon feel currently used on the Defender. That was one thing that bothered me about the silicone cover(s) I tried. Not enough gription.
    06-27-2011 01:57 PM
    Save yourself some time and just get the ZooGue Case Genius. Its called genius for a reason! Best case ever!

Android4Life

Xoom Unlocked, Rooted, Themed, and Overclocked at 1.4, now testing 1.5.
    06-27-2011 08:49 PM
33 12