Just bought a Samsung epic, switching from my Pre

TheInvsbleMan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, coming over from precentral.net my Pre is failing fast, the speaker is no longer working on it. I just purchased a new in open box epic on ebay with (hopefully) all of the original accessories. I've been watching Android for a while and decided I had to join, webOS is sweet, but I need epic hardware and epic apps. Couldn't wait for HPalm any longer.

Reactions: disney.jessica

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey man! You're going to love the Epic 4G. Is an awesome phone, even though it doesn't have froyo yet. You'll hear a lot of people talking about that. No telling how long we'll have to wait for an official release, but it doesn't really matter right now, because there is so much that you can already do with it.

Enjoy! And if you ever run into any problems, we're here to help!

TheInvsbleMan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome, I've never used Android before, other than playing with friends phones. So everything will be new to me. I'll try out the device stock first to get a feel for it but I'm sure I will dive head first into rooting/homebrew after a week or so. I loved Preware and the webOS Internals team on my Pre. I'm hoping the homebrew experience will be similar with Android.

TheInvsbleMan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I couldn't decide between the Evo and the Epic but I figured the better screen + hardware keyboard would be better for me. I liked the fact that the Evo has the hdmi out but I figure I can just use DLNA to stream videos to my xbox 360 which is connected to my TV right? Now I can't wait for the device to get here haha ebay seller says he will ship it tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana