Hello, AC

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, I've been lurking here for a while and figured I may as well introduce myself. My handle is a little dated and as you may have guessed, it originated over on the Crackberry forums a number of years back. I am busy with work and family but I do have a soft spot for electronic gadgets, and it doesn't get much better than phones these days. I actually worked at RIM/BlackBerry for a few years (not on anything to do with the phones themselves), but it's all to say I've paid attention to trends and developments over the years and it's been a lot of fun to watch.

From BBOS I've used Android (GSII), BB10, iOS, and back to Android where I think I've settled. While I was using an iPhone 5s as a daily driver my buddy got a Moto X 2013, and he is quite techie and does his research. A year later I bought the same Moto X (used) for $100 CAD and I adored it. Sadly, my Moto X and I recently departed company and I have no freakin' idea where it is! Which brings me to now - using my old iPhone 5s as a backup while I shop for my next Android device.

So, I've been reading reviews and the forums a lot lately. I lost my X just as the HTC 10 was all the talk. And while I see the 10 as a viable option for me, I'm also intrigued by the OnePlus 3 and Axon 7 for the money. I'm definitely keen to pull the trigger on something - but it's shaping up to be a great year for phones I definitely want to do my due diligence so I'll be happy with my purchase for a couple of years.

So that's my (long winded) introduction. Before I leave you, I'd just like to say I really appreciate the contributions and insight of the community.

Have a great weekend!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Glad you decided to sign in!

Yeah, the 1+ 3 and Axon 7 seem to be excellent value for money. Top shelf specs with a mid-range price.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there! Welcome to the AC Forums! I, too, came from a BlackBerry (a looooooooooong time ago) before pulling the trigger on the OG Motorola Droid and haven't looked back since, although I'm now a fan of Samsung phones since the S2. :D

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your kind words, and welcome!☺
I suppose Android Device Manager didn't help with the missing X?

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your kind words, and welcome!☺
I suppose Android Device Manager didn't help with the missing X?

It did not. I woke up thinking I heard its final vibration as the battery died but it hasn't turned up anywhere in the house! And device manager wasn't able to find it. I swear I looked pretty hard for it for a couple of weeks. But with all these great looking devices coming out I admit I'm not trying so hard anymore;)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

Yes, this year is great for smartphones, but so every year before it and (I hope) every year forward.

Get the device that has the best mix of what you like and what works for you.

Either a brand new device, or one from last year.

Because if you are waiting for the next big thing, well, every year you'll see a few pop up.

Good hunting!
And don't forget to post pictures of your new device!

Sent From my Silver Titanium Galaxy S7 Edge

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It did not. I woke up thinking I heard its final vibration as the battery died but it hasn't turned up anywhere in the house! And device manager wasn't able to find it. I swear I looked pretty hard for it for a couple of weeks. But with all these great looking devices coming out I admit I'm not trying so hard anymore;)

Welcome to the forums. Perhaps the Moto X knew it was time for it to leave. Just in time for you to get a shiny new phone...lol

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I've been lurking here for a while and figured I may as well introduce myself. My handle is a little dated and as you may have guessed, it originated over on the Crackberry forums a number of years back. I am busy with work and family but I do have a soft spot for electronic gadgets, and it doesn't get much better than phones these days. I actually worked at RIM/BlackBerry for a few years (not on anything to do with the phones themselves), but it's all to say I've paid attention to trends and developments over the years and it's been a lot of fun to watch.

From BBOS I've used Android (GSII), BB10, iOS, and back to Android where I think I've settled. While I was using an iPhone 5s as a daily driver my buddy got a Moto X 2013, and he is quite techie and does his research. A year later I bought the same Moto X (used) for $100 CAD and I adored it. Sadly, my Moto X and I recently departed company and I have no freakin' idea where it is! Which brings me to now - using my old iPhone 5s as a backup while I shop for my next Android device.

So, I've been reading reviews and the forums a lot lately. I lost my X just as the HTC 10 was all the talk. And while I see the 10 as a viable option for me, I'm also intrigued by the OnePlus 3 and Axon 7 for the money. I'm definitely keen to pull the trigger on something - but it's shaping up to be a great year for phones I definitely want to do my due diligence so I'll be happy with my purchase for a couple of years.

So that's my (long winded) introduction. Before I leave you, I'd just like to say I really appreciate the contributions and insight of the community.

Have a great weekend!
Welcome to Android Central!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC!!

The "what phone should I buy" question now is so difficult to answer. Everything is so balanced, even mid and low range phones, that you kind of have to go out of your way to get a 'bad' one. Most are extremely capable and just about the only real differentiation is on camera quality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty