Rooting my htc evo? Can anyone help?

tbeezy7

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been wanting to root my HTC evo for a week now and I have been reading and watching youtube video after youtube video trying to learn why and how I should root my evo. I have seen a few different methods being used and some look easier than others. I have also read that some people are having problems with certain ways with the version of software on their phone. I'm 20 years old some I am pretty confident in my computer skills but I am not a huge computer guy. Can anyone tell me the best/easiest way to go about rooting my evo without messing it up. The software on my phone is 2.2 if that makes a difference. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!

I also have an EVO and love it.

You might want to first try out a temporary root to see what you think.

For help with Android Settings, features, and apps click the Getting Started button at the top of any thread ↓

In particular check out the section on Applications. The last part is on Rooting and includes temporary root apps.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
You might want to first try out a temporary root to see what you think.

I agree with this. Try temp root to see if you like some of the features. Z4root will allow that, but remember once you reboot your phone you will lose the root.

Hi and welcome. This thread should tell you everything you need to know about rooting the Evo.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...3-7-hboot2-02-w-screen-shots-1-27-2011-a.html

If you are ready for full root then this method is really easy to follow. thefredelelement is very helpful if you get stuck or just have a question.

If you feel like this is still over your head then the other method is unrevoked. All you need to do is follow the instructions to install a driver and the actual program. Any other question you got ask away in the hack, roms and root section. No need to be shy, everyone is very helpful there :)