OEM Bumper vs Rearth Ringke Slim vs Nillkin Hard Case Review

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Well another nice thing about the Ringke Slim is I can order from Amazon and get it in two days. The bumper still appears to be real hard to find. And the Nillkin seems you have to order it from Hong Kong on eBay and shows up to 5 weeks ship time.

There any quicker way to get a Nillkin?

NexusOneto4

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well another nice thing about the Ringke Slim is I can order from Amazon and get it in two days. The bumper still appears to be real hard to find. And the Nillkin seems you have to order it from Hong Kong on eBay and shows up to 5 weeks ship time.

There any quicker way to get a Nillkin?

I bought from texgadgets I think. Located in Dallas, they have Nillkins. Do a search for nillkin on ebay and sort by closest proximity.

NexusOneto4

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought from texgadgets I think. Located in Dallas, they have Nillkins. Do a search for nillkin on ebay and sort by closest proximity.

My nillkin took 3 days to ship and just got the bumper too. So buy from texgadgets and Drome! Love the bumper man thanks! Haven't put the nillkin on yet since I love the bumper. Not thick at all for my tastes, you guys love some thin cases I take it.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Rearth (both old and new variations) and the Bumper, and decided to stick with the bumper. Rather have a little bit extra width which you get used to in a few moments vs. less protection, smooth back leading to easy drops and not showing off that sexy back.

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm never ever using my N4 without a case.

I have the official bumper and the phone slipped out of my hands yesterday, landed on one of the corners.

It was a pretty nasty fall.

Picked it up and the bumper didn't even have a scuff.

Without the case I'm sure the phone would have sustained major damage.

Phew...

Bar81

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got a chance to try the OEM bumper and the Ringke slim and concur with the OP's comments. The bumper makes the phone a little too wide for my tastes although the aesthetics are excellent. On the other hand the Ringke slim is less protection as it is quite thin but looks really nice; however it covers up the back. I think I will just keep the phone as is without protection. If anyone wants the set of bumper and slim lmk.

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The nillkin is unreal slippery compared to how it looks. Been using it for 3 days now and I'm very afraid of dropping my phone. Going to return the nillkin and try one of the poetic cases.

The kayscase hard case is way grippier but they had some quality issues with their first batch. Also, the nillkin doesn't protect the screen when it is placed face down.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The nillkin is unreal slippery compared to how it looks. Been using it for 3 days now and I'm very afraid of dropping my phone. Going to return the nillkin and try one of the poetic cases.

The kayscase hard case is way grippier but they had some quality issues with their first batch. Also, the nillkin doesn't protect the screen when it is placed face down.

i assume you are talking about the non textured back Nilikin. The one i posted pics of isnt slippery at all but i have been rocking the phone naked and it is totally fine. Don't believe the BS and just be careful. It is glass.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I feel the same way. Am looking for another one as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
i assume you are talking about the non textured back Nilikin. The one i posted pics of isnt slippery at all but i have been rocking the phone naked and it is totally fine. Don't believe the BS and just be careful. It is glass.

No, I'm talking about the "textured" nillkin. It's the slipperiest case I've used so far. I am still waiting for some feedback on the poetic atmosphere case, because that seems like a great deal.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine is really slippery. I have the textured back too.

No, I'm talking about the "textured" nillkin. It's the slipperiest case I've used so far. I am still waiting for some feedback on the poetic atmosphere case, because that seems like a great deal.

Just got my textured Nilkin. My first thought was that it was super slippery, mostly on the sides where you hold it anyway. It almost has a chalky kind of feel to it. I thought it would be a little grippier, but it's pretty hard and smooth on the sides. I guess the grips will come in handy of its on a couch arm or something. Maybe it'll break in a little also. The buttons are a little hard to reach, I'm used to smoothly sliding my finger up or down the side of the phone to lock/unlock it. I have to search and dig for the button a little bit now. I'm aware that comes with the territory of having a case...which I've never been a huge fan of anyway.

The fit is fantastic. Firm, but not too tight. No weird overhangs or odd bumps. Everything lines up really well.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I'll try it out for a few days, then decide. I'll probably just end up naked with the screen protector. Which by the way is a SUPER fingerprint magnet and is hard to clean...it just smudges around. It has a nice feel and look to it though.

All in all, for 9 bucks shipped I have NO REGRETS.

Last edited:

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I just received the brown one yesterday. It's really sexy. Slippery too and power button is a bit difficult to reach as mentioned above. The screen protector is quite nice. I haven't had any issues with it . However it does not cover the entire screen.

All in all this case is great. Really surprised how it looks and fits.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just received the brown one yesterday. It's really sexy. Slippery too and power button is a bit difficult to reach as mentioned above. The screen protector is quite nice. I haven't had any issues with it . However it does not cover the entire screen.

All in all this case is great. Really surprised how it looks and fits.

Ya hate the way the power button is covered. After almost a week I'm shopping for a new case.

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand this "nillkin case isn't slippery" movement. Either a lot of us got a weird finish that is obviously very slippery, or some people don't understand what slippery is. I mean my nillkin case is so slippery it's worse than if the phone didn't have any case on it.

krustyg

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reviews, I purchased an Ionic Guardian case from Amazon and I find that the soft part is a terrible lint/dust magnet. I wanted a bumper, but I was lucky enough to get my order in on launch day and I missed when they came back in stock since then. Oh well, I waited long enough for the phone lol, some more waiting won't kill me.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand this "nillkin case isn't slippery" movement. Either a lot of us got a weird finish that is obviously very slippery, or some people don't understand what slippery is. I mean my nillkin case is so slippery it's worse than if the phone didn't have any case on it.

that is absolute nonsense. Seriously set the phone on a slanted surface with and without. tell me it is worse.

Yes the niliken is a hard plastic. That is the type of case you purchased. This thing isnt rubber. If you want to make your phone feel bulky and cheap throw a TPU case on there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty