Are you using wireless charging?

Do you use a qi charger?

• Total voters

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching for a decent Qi Charger at a low cost and it got me thinking...
How many actually use the Qi charger?

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching for a decent Qi Charger at a low cost and it got me thinking...
How many actually use the Qi charger?

I use the nexus wireless charger. Works well great build quality. Although I don't think this would fall into your cheap requirement.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I found a few good ones like Zens I might order. Checking to see local stores.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty amped for wireless charging when they announced the phone, but as the orb wasnt ready when the phone was, I kind of lost interest. I only like spending money on accessories at the time I get a new device. If the accessories take too long, I get used to using it without. Might still pick one up but the reviews have been spotty. Maybe a Zens like Fairclough said

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I use Zens wireless charger. You can't find anything in local stores, I'm in San Diego, might have better luck elsewhere. I got my Zens charger for 41$ plus shipping. That's all I use to charge my Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What does the "All the time" poll response indicate? That the wireless charger is their sole charging device?

At night at home I charge via cable.
At work the N4 usually sits on my Orb when I'm not toting it around.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
That you use it "all the time" e.g Everyday, every second day... just relatively frequently.
Went a little shopping around stores today, agreed hard to find some besides the Nokia one.

tomcatuk

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Zens from Amazon. What do I think of it? Seriously considering buying another one so I have one at work and at home. Disappointed my Nexus 7 isn't QI compatible. From here on I'd always look for QI on a new device.

I never liked wired charging - the sockets on all my previous phones wore out eventually (socket get's loose and connection sketchy as a result).

dalork

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried a couple of cheap eBay Qi chargers and they were a PITA, no option to buy the OEM unit from Google in Australia yet so I thought I'd try the model from Gadgets4Geeks and it works a charm. Not what I'd call cheap (yet not super exy) but it does work everytime no matter which way I lay the phone on it.

rserda

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Use mine at work... wired at home... also serves as a "dock" of sorts for me as well... or at least somewhere to keep it at my desk! :cool:

That's why I answered "sometimes"...

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just wish the charger would be identified by the phone as "docked." I like the Clock Plus daydream while it's laying there.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

Andrw

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Definitely love the Clock Plus over stock. I tried Flipboard and Currents, but Flipboard just kept showing the same screen.
I now have the charger on my desk with my desktop, before it was beside my bed, and it's freaking neato!!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just wish the charger would be identified by the phone as "docked." I like the Clock Plus daydream while it's laying there.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
Problem solved. Android identifies wireless charging, Llama (beta) recognizes it, and invokes Activity Daydream (courtesy of Nova Prime launcher). I can even determine when Daydream is invoked - or not (e. g. not at night).

Actually better than a discrete "docked" state.

// Tapatalk 2 on Nexus 4. //