How I saved battery on my nexus

navedoperez

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Scroll down to about phone -> Scroll down to build number -> tap on "Build Number" repeatedly until you gain developer status

Go back -> above "About phone" you should see a new option called "Developer options", tap on it -> Scroll all the way down to "Background process limit", tap on it

From my understanding, configuring this limits what goes on it the background. I've changed mine and noticed a good battery increase on my phone. Test it out yourself

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Scroll down to about phone -> Scroll down to build number -> tap on "Build Number" repeatedly until you gain developer status

Go back -> above "About phone" you should see a new option called "Developer options", tap on it -> Scroll all the way down to "Background process limit", tap on it

From my understanding, configuring this limits what goes on it the background. I've changed mine and noticed a good battery increase on my phone. Test it out yourself

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...veloper-options-background-process-limit.html pertaining to HTC but should still apply.

This option is for developers, reducing it will affect your phone's ability to multi-task. The setting it is defaulted to is considered to be "optimal" which is why it's the default. Generally speaking, you won't find anything in the develop options that doesn't come with downsides.

I'm not trying to discourage you from playing with that, or other settings, just wanted to make sure others have the full picture. What you'll probably see is that fewer apps can run in the background so when you hop from app to app to app you'll notice that some apps will take longer to open because their place in memory have been taken by more recent apps and they have to load again.

If you are seeing real battery gain using this setting, my guess is that you have some app that's chewing up your battery and this method just happens to be killing it. This could in theory make battery life worse if apps are trying to reload in the background and chewing up CPU as they are loaded and killed when others load up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss