How long should I give the battery?

tnt4

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I received and setup my regular 8 on day 1. So it's been about 3 full days of my normal usage and an identical app setup to my S23 and iPhone 13.

The first two days it was consistently warm when it shouldn't have been, but ironically that seemed to settle down yesterday when my overall usage was higher, and seems improved overall.

But it's just not lasting. Nothing rogue is running in the background. It's dropping 10-12% overnight (overnight = about 6 hrs) while doing nothing. And during the day I'm down to 30-40% before 5 pm, which never happened on those other two phones, even on heavier days. Even this morning I've only been up about 2 hours and I've been doing a decent amount of scrolling and reading, and I'm already at 71%.

I know it's only been 3 days... batteries have to settle into a routine and all that. But hence the original question. How long do I give it to "settle in"? I don't like feeling like I have to avoid using it at times to save my battery. 🤷‍♂️

Thx!

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Depending on what you have installed and how often you use said apps, it could take a while. I've been running the same setup as my 6(apart from the watch) since Thursday and it is only now starting to fully settle in.
Not that it was terrible to begin with but it has improved noticeably.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine setup for a couple days, have not experienced any heating up and fine battery life to be better than what I was getting on my P7.... Which BTW did have issues with heating up.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter