few questions...bare with me

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just went back to stock kit Kat. I am rooted and unlocked boot loader so here's my questions

1. When listening to power amp how do I stop notifications from interrupting the song.I

2. On my last Rom when I used the volume rocker it would allow me to change the volume of ringer, media, etc. Now I can only change the volume of whatever I'm using at the time.

3. On my last Rom I could hold the power button and either power off, reboot, reboot into recovery etc. How can I do that now?

4. Any way to make the home and back button at the bottom not take up as much screen space?

5. Battery life sucks! I've tried all the normal stuff and can't get it close to my last Rom. Any suggestions in a good kernel? As stock as possible.

Sorry about all the questions. I messed with my phone, did the custom Rom and kernel stuff about a year ago, but I wanted stock kit Kat for some reason.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
1) in PowerAmp go to Settings, Audio, Audio Focus and uncheck "Short Audio Focus Change"
2) in your ROM settings, go to sound, volume, and there should be a box checked "link ringtone and notifications volumes". Uncheck it to control the volume of the ringtone volume and notification volume independantly
3) again, in your ROM settings, look for "power menu". It may be under Buttons, or somewhere else. Without knowing what ROM you're using it's tough to say exactly. You'll have to check under all your ROM settings
4) resizable Nav bar depends on which ROM you're using. CM doesn't support it. AOKP, SlimROM (or SlimKat) do. I'm sure there are others that do as well. Not all have it though
5) Battery life sucking depends on usage, apps, sync settings, among others. As for kernels (IMHO) a lot of it is placebo, it does help to some degree (which also depends on how you use your phone, apps, etc) but take what you read with a grain of salt. Sadly the "best" kernel depends on YOU. You'll have to experiment with each one, with each setting etc. I usually just run whatever kernel is bundled with the ROM. Franco is pretty decent in my opinion but not vastly better or worse then others. I used to play with kernels a lot more, now I just don't care.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your help, but I'm on stock kit Kat. On my last Rom when I hit the volume rocker I could expand it to change volume for everything, which uses can't do now. Same goes for the power. On my last Rom I could power off, reboot, reboot into recovery, etc...now my only option is power off. Any way to get this stuff back on stock?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non