01-27-2019 12:03 AM
47 12
tools
    I attempted to unroot my phone with kingo and it will not fully reboot, it is stuck on the red green blue and yellow dots that circle around.
    Nexus 5 stock, just rooted and Selinux(sp?) set to permissive, nothing special besides that done to it.
    I can get in to stock recovery, I wiped the cache and even attempted a factory reset, still nothing but rotating dots, I let it sit almost 24 hrs and it doesn't change.
    Any suggestions?
    01-21-2015 05:14 PM
    I attempted to unroot my phone with kingo and it will not fully reboot, it is stuck on the red green blue and yellow dots that circle around.
    Nexus 5 stock, just rooted and Selinux(sp?) set to permissive, nothing special besides that done to it.
    I can get in to stock recovery, I wiped the cache and even attempted a factory reset, still nothing but rotating dots, I let it sit almost 24 hrs and it doesn't change.
    Any suggestions?
    You might have to consider reflashing the stock images through either a toolkit or ADB.
    01-21-2015 06:47 PM
    I tried the factory image off googles site, I keep getting e:footer is wrong, e:signature verification,
    failed
    should I be side loading the .tar instead of the .tgz?

01-21-2015 11:03 PM
    How are you trying to load them?

From an AOSP M8
    01-22-2015 09:45 AM
    Minimal ADB and Fastboot
    nexus 5 stock(rooted)
    01-22-2015 03:14 PM
    Are your drivers up to date?
    01-22-2015 04:18 PM
    Yes
    01-23-2015 09:11 AM
    Have you tried a toolkit instead? I occasionally use Wugfresh, and it works quite well.

From an AOSP M8
    01-23-2015 10:34 AM
    Wugfresh is my new favorite, fixed it on 127 seconds lol, thank you.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-24-2015 09:27 AM
    Wugfresh is my new favorite, fixed it on 127 seconds lol, thank you.
    Glad it helped. See you around the forums.
    01-24-2015 10:48 AM
    Rebooting into recovery can be useful. Sometimes you get caught in a bootloop, sometimes it is just good to use for other activities that can be done through the UI, but as always, it is good to know more than one way to interact with your phone.

Recovery is for what?

Simplest answer, recovery can be used to clear the device cache, sideloading updates, factory resets, etc.

I will show how to boot into stock recovery, and how to do a simple task, like clearing the device's cache. This exercise will give practice on booting into recovery, and allow you to perform an action that is NOT detrimental to the device.

[INFO]In fact, clearing the device's cache is actually something that should be done after an update.[/INFO]

Volume buttons navigate through choices, and power accepts.

1. Power off the device.

2. Hold both volume buttons and the power button. When you feel the vibrate, release.

3. You will see the Android logo laying on his back with his chest panel open, along with the device info and options.
    Attachment 106303
    The home screen for rebooting into recovery.

4. Use the Volume rockers to navigate to Recovery Mode
    Attachment 106304
    This is after pressing volume down a few times. Click Power to accept

5. Once there, you will see No Command. Press and hold Power and click volume up like you want your music to go up one increment.
    Attachment 106305

6. You will then be shifted to the Recovery screen.

7. Use the volume Rockers to navigate to what you would like to do, and power accepts the selection. Use the rockers to go to 'Clear Cache Partition'.
    Attachment 106306
    Click Power to accept.

8. To reboot, click reboot system now.
    Attachment 106307
    The option you need to get back into your device normally.

I have cleared cache several times on my Nexus 5, and each instance takes between 5 and 10 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Hi,

I am not able to turn my phone on, al LC of a sudden it got off on its own and whenever i try to start it, it vibrates - google comes amd keeps flickering.

What if i boot, will it work? will i loose my data if i reboot?

Thank you.
    02-08-2017 01:28 PM
    Rebooting into recovery can be useful. Sometimes you get caught in a bootloop, sometimes it is just good to use for other activities that can be done through the UI, but as always, it is good to know more than one way to interact with your phone.

Recovery is for what?

Simplest answer, recovery can be used to clear the device cache, sideloading updates, factory resets, etc.

I will show how to boot into stock recovery, and how to do a simple task, like clearing the device's cache. This exercise will give practice on booting into recovery, and allow you to perform an action that is NOT detrimental to the device.

[INFO]In fact, clearing the device's cache is actually something that should be done after an update.[/INFO]

1. Power off the device.

2. Hold both volume buttons and the power button. When you feel the vibrate, release.

3. You will see the Android logo laying on his back with his chest panel open, along with the device info and options.
    Attachment 106303

Attachment 106304

5. Once there, you will see No Command. Press and hold Power and click volume up like you want your music to go up one increment.
    Attachment 106305

7. Use the volume Rockers to navigate to what you would like to do, and power accepts the selection. Use the rockers to go to 'Clear Cache Partition'.
    Attachment 106306
    Click Power to accept.

Attachment 106307

I have cleared cache several times on my Nexus 5, and each instance takes between 5 and 10 minutes.

Hi,

I am not able to start my phone , all of a sudden it got off on its own and whenever i try to start it, it vibrates - google comes amd keeps flickering.

Thank you.
    02-08-2017 01:30 PM
    Hi,

I am not able to start my phone , all of a sudden it got off on its own and whenever i try to start it, it vibrates - google comes amd keeps flickering.

Thank you.
    Welcome to the forums. You may need to consider reflashing the stock ROM. Have you tried a reset? Either way you will probably lose your data.
    02-09-2017 09:08 AM

Recovery is for what?

1. Power off the device.

Attachment 106303

Attachment 106304

Attachment 106305

Attachment 106306
    Click Power to accept.

Attachment 106307

Hello,

I am using Nexus 5X from last one year, it was good. But 4 days back it got shutdown by showing 'Google' icon at the end, after that I tried all the ways to turn it on but it is not getting on. Before it was shutdown, battery was completely charged and I need to mention here that day I went for trip, took lot of photos and videos, during camera mode on it got shutdown.

I tried all the way mentioned in this site, keeping charge for longer time and holding Volume down+ Volume Up+ Power button press for some time. Nothing is working for me to turn it on.

In my mobile case, from last 4 days what I observed is, I tried boot loop cache memory clear(Volume down+Volume up+power) steps as you mentioned here, for me it is working till 4th step(recovery mode) after that 'Google' icon is coming on screen(5th step 'no command' option is not showing) and it is shutting down again, no response after that. Once it shutdown like this No response for complete day on screen. If I try any option also nothing response. Once in two day I can try boot loop option once, after that no response.

Please let me know what is the issue with my mobile and how I can resolve the issue. I am trying all the way from last 3 days but no response.
    04-22-2017 08:35 AM
    Hello,

I am using Nexus 5X from last one year, it was good. But 4 days back it got shutdown by showing 'Google' icon at the end, after that I tried all the ways to turn it on but it is not getting on. Before it was shutdown, battery was completely charged and I need to mention here that day I went for trip, took lot of photos and videos, during camera mode on it got shutdown.

I tried all the way mentioned in this site, keeping charge for longer time and holding Volume down+ Volume Up+ Power button press for some time. Nothing is working for me to turn it on.

In my mobile case, from last 4 days what I observed is, I tried boot loop cache memory clear(Volume down+Volume up+power) steps as you mentioned here, for me it is working till 4th step(recovery mode) after that 'Google' icon is coming on screen(5th step 'no command' option is not showing) and it is shutting down again, no response after that. Once it shutdown like this No response for complete day on screen. If I try any option also nothing response. Once in two day I can try boot loop option once, after that no response.

Please let me know what is the issue with my mobile and how I can resolve the issue. I am trying all the way from last 3 days but no response.
    Welcome to the forums. You may need to reflash the stock ROM. However, this will most likely wipe the device of all data, causing you to lose your pictures.

You can also try to reflash the stock recovery. That may allow you to complete the cache wipe.
    04-22-2017 09:03 AM
    Thank you for the quick response..

Is I can do this reflash of the stock ROM myself? I never did that and I am not aware, It will be more helpful if you give me a quick guide how I can do this, because no response in my mobile and if I connect system it is not detecting also.

And I purchased this mobile in India, but currently I am in UK, here I can not able to give this to service centre since it is purchased in other country.

Please guide me on this.
    04-22-2017 04:09 PM
    Thank you for the quick response..

Is I can do this reflash of the stock ROM myself? I never did that and I am not aware, It will be more helpful if you give me a quick guide how I can do this, because no response in my mobile and if I connect system it is not detecting also.

And I purchased this mobile in India, but currently I am in UK, here I can not able to give this to service centre since it is purchased in other country.

Please guide me on this.
    Check this out:
    04-22-2017 04:51 PM
    I have removed cache, and rebooted. Still not starting, what do I do now, switch on with the power button?
    06-12-2017 11:14 AM
    Three years later and I think you just saved my phone... Thanks for the easy to follow instructions.
    07-20-2017 03:42 AM
    I have removed cache, and rebooted. Still not starting, what do I do now, switch on with the power button?
    Welcome to the forums. Sorry for the delay. There is a reboot or start option in the scrolling menu.
    07-20-2017 08:53 AM
    Three years later and I think you just saved my phone... Thanks for the easy to follow instructions.
    Glad it helped and welcome to the forums.
    07-20-2017 08:54 AM
    The recovery reboot isn't working for my Nexus 5X, is there some other way.
    01-27-2019 12:03 AM
47 12