Unlocked. Custom Recovery Installed. SuperSU Flashed Successfully.. No Root Still

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
This is really stressing me out, I didn't have any problems with root on Kit-Kat.

I recently flashed the factory image and my phone was bone stock + unlocked. Now I'm trying to go through the simple process of rooting and running into all kinds of problems.

Tried flashing the latest TWRP a bunch of times and it does not work, whenever I try to go into recovery the phone just starts up.

No problem, I installed the most recent CWM and that works. Downloaded the latest SuperSu zip onto my phone. Went into CWM recovery flashed the zip, it tells me that it needs to fix root. Whether I click yes or no and restart my phone the same thing happens.

I go to the SuperSu app it tells me that the SU Binary is not installed and SuperSU cannot install it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Installing SuperSU is not rooting the phone. You need to install su to the /system folder, and to do that you have to be rooted. That's why it's so difficult to get a rooting method for a new phone. Someone has to find an exploit that will give you temporary root so that you can install the file.

If your kernel is dated earlier than June 3, 2014 (Settings/General/About device/Kernel), you can use Towel Root, otherwise you're going to have to search for a rooting method for the N5 for the version of Android you're using. (Towel Root isn't specific to the phone - the exploit does its thing to the kernel. Most rooting methods use an exploit in the phone's specific modification of Android.)

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
This is really stressing me out, I didn't have any problems with root on Kit-Kat.

I recently flashed the factory image and my phone was bone stock + unlocked. Now I'm trying to go through the simple process of rooting and running into all kinds of problems.

Tried flashing the latest TWRP a bunch of times and it does not work, whenever I try to go into recovery the phone just starts up.

No problem, I installed the most recent CWM and that works. Downloaded the latest SuperSu zip onto my phone. Went into CWM recovery flashed the zip, it tells me that it needs to fix root. Whether I click yes or no and restart my phone the same thing happens.

I go to the SuperSu app it tells me that the SU Binary is not installed and SuperSU cannot install it.

You may not realize that the kernel contained in the factory image of Lollipop (LRX21O) is not compatible with the old rooting method (like installing SuperSU). Chainfire has just released a Beta version of SuperSU that works with LRX21O. I'd suggest that you try it.

chainfire[dev~blog] - Home

You need "SuperSU v2.27 BETA." Once you get it, you should be able to just install it from TWRP. I did that on my Nexus 7 after I flashed Lollipop onto it. Worked beautifully.

SkinsFan1987

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem when I upgraded from 4.4 to 5.0.1; the upgrade killed my root. I had to go in and root it again to get everything working properly.

Marcu Codrut

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Pls can anyone help me i have been rooted my nexus 5 android L and gk says root privilege needed,gg exits itself.pls help me.ps root checker says my phone is rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non