Anyone upgrade from the HTC M8?

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Im coming from the M8 I had a 6P I loved everything about it except the size I just couldnt get comfortable with it and I was even willing to deal with the AMOLED screen which I am not a big fan of.

So I have the 5X coming on Friday, I was just curious if anyone went from the M8 to the 5X and what there thoughts have been has it been an improvement in terms of performance? How is battery life compared to the M8? I know the camera is definitely better and the build quality is drastically different but whats your overall impressions?

Bierich

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I did as well. The last update Kit Kat update from Verizon made HTC One M8 the phone slow and laggy. Big difference now with the 5X

aria_aradhea

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Just got my 5X, upgrading from the HTC One M8. Size-wise it's very, very similar. Same height and width. The M8 felt better to hold in the hand, probably because of the curved back.

I cannot comment on the battery life, because I just have the 5X for 2 days. It's still settling down to usage.

One thing I miss most from the M8 is the BoomSound speakers. HTC really does make an excellent front-facing stereo speakers that no one can match. The speaker on the 5X is just too tinny, especially if you compared it to HTC's.

But, the camera is great! Somehow the screen is better, sharper than the M8 (although it is slightly yellow-ish) even though the resolution is the same and the 5X should have less pixel density than the M8. Fingerprint sensor is great!

Apps can show lags here and there, especially after heavy use but they will go back to buttery smooth after a while. The same like the M8 on 5.0.1. Nothing too bad that I can't handle.

Just wished Google fitted an expansion memory slot to their Nexus devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo