Can the 6P fit in my trousers' pocket?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
How big are your pockets? But seriously folks, when in doubt something I've done is grab a piece of cardboard out of the recycling bin, measure out the length and width of the device, and cut it to size. Gives a good visual, and you can see how it fits in your pocket. Bearing in mind of course that the phone will be thicker.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I would have used the EXACT same first sentence as @zorak950!!!

Bring your current phone into a BestBuy or any other store that might sell a Samsumg Note 5... it's almost the same size, give or take a couple of mm.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I think it's exactly the same size as the iPhone 6+ the Note 5 looks smaller.

dreaming of electric sheep

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the moto nexus 6 and it hasn't been an issue keeping it in my front pants pocket. There are some jeans I have though that I do definitely notice it when I go to sit down but even with them it's still a usable solution.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 4 and the only time it has really caused me problems is falling out of shorts that don't have a deep pocket. I usually hold onto it while riding the train on my daily commute though because even if it fits in the pocket, I don't like applying pressure for long periods of time to any phone.

The 6p is slightly taller than the Note 4 but slimmer and thinner.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Grab a Note 5 or something and see if it fits. It won't be the exact same but it will give you an idea.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring your current phone into a BestBuy

Having your phone with you is good but make sure to bring your pants along for the ride too since they have more to do with it than whatever phone you currently have :)

And as everyone else stated, just go to a store and try other similar phones and see what you like. No need to over complicate the issue.

Certainly big phones wouldn't be so popular if most people couldn't make them work, it's just a matter of preference at that point.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The problem with going to a store is that all the phones are anchored to the counter with tethers and have antitheft devices clamped onto them, so you don't really get a good sense for how it will actually sit in your hand or fit in your pocket.