Nexus 6P on T-Mobile?

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have Jump On Demand and am wondering how I can get a Nexus 6P. I just got the iPhone 6s Plus but want to go back to android. How do I get a nexus 6P?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can't through T-Mobile and JUMP since T-Mobile doesn't sell it directly. Only Google and Huawei.

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I was facing a similar dilemma. My solution was to order the phone directly from Huawei so I could do financing. Then, once my 6P shows up, I'm going to go into a T-Mobile store and use my JUMP upgrade on a $60 flip phone, pay it all off, and then have them put in a SIM for my 6P.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I was facing a similar dilemma. My solution was to order the phone directly from Huawei so I could do financing. Then, once my 6P shows up, I'm going to go into a T-Mobile store and use my JUMP upgrade on a $60 flip phone, pay it all off, and then have them put in a SIM for my 6P.

LOL that's brilliant!! I might have to do that. You can use jump to upgrade to a crappy phone like that? I would be all in on this idea!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
You can use JUMP to upgrade to any phone that can be financed. The cheapest phone that can be financed is the LG 450, which is $60 full retail.
LG 450 Smartphone | LG 450 Flip Phone | T-Mobile

Awesome sauce. I just might have to do this if I really like the 6P I just ordered then I will possibly switch. I ordered the 32GB Aluminum just to try out the phone and then return it for a bigger capacity.

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
For me, I need to get the flip phone through JUMP so I don't have to keep paying for my Note 4 as well as the 6P. I have more left to pay on the EIP than I could get reselling it.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Don't forget...no support for Band 12 yet which, in some areas, makes an enormous difference for T-Mobile LTE distance and building penetration. Waiting (not so) patiently for T-Mobile and Google to resolve that.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget...no support for Band 12 yet which, in some areas, makes an enormous difference for T-Mobile LTE distance and building penetration. Waiting (not so) patiently for T-Mobile and Google to resolve that.

That's true ugh! Loving it on my 6S+. I just bought a 32GB Aluminum to test the waters and see if I want to make the switch back to Android. Hopefully an update comes out during my two week window to return.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yeah coming over from the Nexus 6 with band 12 to the 6p without around Dallas/Fort Worth I have a lot more "holes"in my LTE coverage.. Amazing how you can have a strong band 4 signal then walk into a McDonald's and drop down to HSPA or 3G so fast!

Peter Hake

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
So you jump to a 60$ flip phone, then pay off the LG, then what happens? You can use your data plan and they give you a SIM card for your Nexus 6P? I saw your post and said f-it and bought the Huawei in installment plans. How to you verbalize this to the angry TMobile clerk? Thanks!!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, thanks. So when the LG is paid off and free and clear, you can use the data services and phone number like normal?

I would think so.. Not even 100% sure you couldn't use the 6p while still paying on the other phone.... I've never financed a phone before.. I just buy a new phone and swap out the SIM card and the new phone works with my number like the old phone. You might not be able to sell or let someone else use the other phone until it's paid off........................... The only thing I had to do was get a new SIM card when I moved from the Nexus 5 to the Nexus 6 because they used a different size SIM.. but from the 6 to the 6p it was just pop it out of the 6 and into the 6p and off I went.....

Good luck....

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks. So when the LG is paid off and free and clear, you can use the data services and phone number like normal?

Based on what T-Mobile told me, this is correct. It would still be the same account with them, so you should be able to keep your current plan and number. I will be switching from a Note 4, so I'll have to get a new SIM, but there shouldn't be any issues keeping everything else on my account, including my number, the same.

Once I get my 6P (order still processing from Huawei, rep told me to expect it mid-late November), I'll make a post covering how my experience went.

Posted via the Android Central App

Peter Hake

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Ok awesome. I'm in the same boat then. Ordered the Huawei, and going to try the Jump.

Does it matter that the Jump is for a Nexus 6 to flip phone? There's about 300 left on my EIP

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Are you doing Jump on Demand, or the original Jump! program? I only ask because with the original Jump program you have to pay off at least half of the balance of the phone before you can get another one. Or you can just pay it off completely and then sell it, which is what I did last year when I went from a Nexus 5 to a Moto X.

What I did was order my new phone and when it arrived went ahead and swapped my service to the new sim card that came with it. And I only had to do that because I went from a micro to nano sim, otherwise you can just stick the old sim in the new phone and be done. Then while the old phone was still on my plan I sold it to my father and used the money he gave me to pay it off and get out of the Jump! program. He was even able to use the phone before I paid it off... although unless you have some kind of relationship with the buyer, it might be a better idea to pay it off first and then recoup your money by selling it just to be safe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo