Upgrading to Pixel 8

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just curious how many of you are upgrading to P8 or P8P? I know I am.

I've enjoyed my 6P but looking forward to a new phone! 2 years is about as long as I can go until I give in to buying a new phone...
I'm moving from the P6 to the P8. I'm happy with the smaller size, always felt the 6 was a bit big for one handed use. Glad to get extra years of upgrades, too. Getting $325 for my 6, too.

Last edited:

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site

I've enjoyed my 6P but looking forward to a new phone! 2 years is about as long as I can go until I give in to buying a new phone...
Yep, P8P pre-ordered couple days ago, upgrading from my P6P. I used to update every 2 years back when I was on the Samsung Note binge for quite a few years. Note 2, Note 4 and then Note 8. Went 3½ years on my Note 8, and got my P6P release week.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Upgrading my 6 Pro to 8 Pro. Struggling for space on my 128GB device so have been desperate for the 256GB upgrade. Getting blue. I was stalking the preorder page from before the event and as soon as it was available I bought it. I am giving my 6 Pro to my Saphy's friend who I consider a surrogate daughter and Bunny is stoked to get it. Bunny currently uses my 6 year old preorder 2XL, so the 6 Pro will be a huge upgrade for her.

The new features of the 8 (and even the ones that originally came with the 7) make this a definite upgrade over my 6 Pro. Like clear calling and macro photos and face unblur. Also face unlock. Plus the 7 years of upgrades and updates bringing it in line with the iPhone.

So looking forward to 12th when my new phone should arrive.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site

overall I've heard and read through the android podcasts that the generative AI picture taking,videos, etc is amazing.....! is this device good for social media, reels, stories? Never used a pixel before!

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not me. I go three years minimum on a phone. Usually 4. The Fold 2 (or rumored flip) may tempt me off that cycle, but it will be the 9 at least before I upgrade. Probably the 10.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm upgrading to a P8. I used to upgrade every year but the P7 was so similar to the P6 I decided to wait another year in the hopes Google would make the P8 smaller, and they did!

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
2 years is also my sweet spot for getting a new phone. I've had the 2xl, 4xl, 6pro and ordered the 8pro in blue the moment it went up for preorder.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

The P6P has been a very good phone for me. Unfortunately it has two issues that can't be done away with: the fingerprint sensor and the curved edges. Both must be gone.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are staying with the P6 and P6P. Still paying them off (1st time) as Google offered 0% financing for 2 years. They do everything we need. When they stop getting updates I will think about upgrading.

Reactions: J Dubbs and jhilker

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I thought briefly about moving to the Pixel 8 Pro, but my Pixel 6 Pro has worked flawlessly from day one and it is still fulfilling all of my needs and desires. Maybe Pixel 9 will bring enough "must haves" to the table to convince me that I can't live without the latest and greatest.

Last edited:

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't planning on it but think I might. The screen is often not bright enough outdoors, spotty reception/Service connection, inconsistent call quality, curved screen edge, and mediocre charging speeds have made me think Google got the Pixel 6 Pro right with the 8 Pro.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Let us know. I think I am going to hang on for another year at least. Ideally, I would like to make it to the P10, but we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001