Google Nexus 6P Vent mounts

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a new air conditioner vent mount for the 6P. I've been using a QI vent mount on my N5 but it's a little small for the 6P so I'm looking for a mount that fits it better. Most of the mounts on Amazon are magnetic, I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I'd prefer a more conventional vent mount. Any recommendations.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Vent mounts

Have you considered a CD mount? Much more stable, big enough to hold the 6P and don't block your vent.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Have you considered a CD mount? Much more stable, big enough to hold the 6P and don't block your vent.

Just purchased my first CD mount the other day for my 6P and 6S+. Best mount I've ever had. How did I miss these all this time?

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

I've been searching for a good car mount as well. I looked into vent mounts but I wasn't happy with what I saw, and most were magnets which I don't want. A CD mount isn't practical because of what my phone would be blocking in the area, and I'd like access to use the CD player sometimes as I still have CDs and the sound quality is much better than through Bluetooth on my car.

So I found cigarette lighter mounts and I'm curious. Has anybody had experience with these?

Posted via the Android Central App

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm happy with the iOtties on Amazon. They use a suction cup. You can put it on the dash or window.

Posted via the Android Central App

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I use the Kenu Airframe+.

Kenu - Kenu

It's the sleekest option that I know of and it holds the phone securely while driving. The only downside is since it's so discreet and flush to the vent, it might be hard to use your phone depending on your car. I mainly use it to display GPS navigation, so this works perfectly for me.

silverdemon

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I use the Kenu Airframe+.

Kenu - Kenu

It's the sleekest option that I know of and it holds the phone securely while driving. The only downside is since it's so discreet and flush to the vent, it might be hard to use your phone depending on your car. I mainly use it to display GPS navigation, so this works perfectly for me.

Do you use a case with your phone? I am looking at this option but I worry that with the alu frame that it might slide without a case.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Do you use a case with your phone? I am looking at this option but I worry that with the alu frame that it might slide without a case.

The grips are rubberized and the tension on the spring is pretty strong. I use a case, but I'm pretty sure it will hold securely.

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to second that recommendation for the Kenu Airframe+. Anything that will come into contact with the vent or the phone is either rubberized or otherwise made of materials that won't leave scratches and it grips large and heavy phones (Z3v, Note 4, Nexus 6P, etc.) securely and with ease. I do have a couple of things I'd suggest after having used the Airframe and the Airframe+ however. In the center of the Airframe mount, there's a metal rivet kind of thing with the Kenu logo stamped on it. It sits in a depression low enough to not touch the back of the phone, but if you're using the phone naked without a skin or a case, I'd cover that little metal piece up with a piece of tape just in case (I've never really had any issues with that, even with a phone with a curved back like the HTC M7 and M8). Second, the Kenu grips to the vents using that squid leg like design. It rotates depending on the angle you want the phone, as well as how thick your vents are; make sure to test out which position is better before taking your car out on the road (lots of people complaining about a loose grip on the vents don't realize there's a tighter setting). Also, most cars have plastic vent louvers that are connected to each other and to the vent angle control thing by a thin piece of plastic so if you need to adjust the angle of the mount or if you need to put the phone into/ take the phone out of the gripper part, remove the whole Airframe unit before messing with it so you don't break your vents.

It's the cleanest and most discreet mount I've seen to date and I love mine. You just need to take a little care in using it and it'll be fine for years to come.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a new air conditioner vent mount for the 6P. I've been using a QI vent mount on my N5 but it's a little small for the 6P so I'm looking for a mount that fits it better. Most of the mounts on Amazon are magnetic, I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I'd prefer a more conventional vent mount. Any recommendations.

I personally prefer ProClip. You can shop at

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-mounts/car-dash-mounts.aspx

I personally have ordered the universal mount for the Samsung Note 5 or the holster that has the same dimensions as the Note 5 and it adjusts to any phone the same size as the Note 5 or smaller. I also chose medium/light case. I placed a light case on my Nexus 6P (ordered it from Google) and the device fits perfectly. Couldn't be more perfect.

I have tried numerous car holsters and they have all failed eventually. The nice thing about proclip is that you choose the make and model for your vehicle ( which is what I am assuming you are looking for, your vehicle) so you know it's going to fit perfectly. Now I am in Canada, and our dollar is crap right now so I paid a pretty penny for the holster and car mount. But I have had the car mount for years now and any time I decide to try another, smaller phone, then I've just ordered the holster which is far cheaper and always fits the mount. You'll know what I mean when you shop online for this. Chat with an agent if you need help, they are very helpful. Also, search Google for a promo code, they exist as I got 10% off the order. Which was something. Anyways, hope this helps!