Why does my Nexus 6p screen go black when I try to call someone?

Manoj Rathnam

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
my nexus 6p screen goes black when i try to call someone .

when i try to call someone , after dialling their number my screen goes black and i cant able to see whether the call is in progress or disconnected . and i am unable to see the call duration or add a person for a conference call since my screen is going black and don't have the option to disconnect the call too .. is this a Bug or is there any setting is there for this issue to get sorted out . do help me in this guys , am having very bad times here with this issue .

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: my nexus 6p screen goes black when i try to call someone .

You probably have a screen protector covering the proximity sensor which is located just to the right edge of the earpiece, the purpose of which is to black out/disable the screen when you hold the phone against your ear and face.

JoeyZhao

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Something must have triggered the proximity sensor during dialing/calling phase.

If the issue is persistent then it must be the case. Also note if you have a magnetic holder for the phone, dont put it on the lower right corner on the back , it will shut your screen also.

welshmikie

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

Hi mate i had that issue with a glass screen protector. Had to get one with the correct cut outs

BluSurf

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

I had your problem two weeks ago. It drove me crazy for a few hours until I called Fi support. They were outstanding. Google had me remove the case and screen protector. They did not have the proper "cut outs". I contacted both companies since I purchased through Amazon and they already had the new "stuff" with proper cutouts shipping. They told me throw then away and the new stuff arrived already and work perfect.