Does your fingerprint scanner fail if you use it soon after taking a shower?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe this question is a little strange but I am wondering if it's just me... If I try to use my 6P's fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone soon after taking a shower, it doesn't work. Obviously, it's after I dry off. I don't take particularly long showers so it's not like the skin on fingers is noticeably shriveling up. I assume the skin on my fingers is indeed shriveled just a little bit - I mean invisible to the naked eye. After 10-15 minures, it seems to act normal again.

I'm just wondering if other people have this problem? Just curious.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would also add -

Is the phone in the bathroom while you are showering? Do you take steamy showers? Is the phone laying face-up or face-down?

It's just a thought, but maybe it is the scanner itself which is being affected by your shower...

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If your fingers still look like raisins the scan will fail, no 2 ways about it. Yes, mine fails when I try to use it shortly after showering or washing dishes.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I would also add -

Is the phone in the bathroom while you are showering? Do you take steamy showers? Is the phone laying face-up or face-down?

It's just a thought, but maybe it is the scanner itself which is being affected by your shower...

No - phone is in another room. It sounds like it's just the impact of any moisture in your skin.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Do your nose or another part of your body as a backup print.

LOL, that was funny. There is always the pin if finger scanner doesn't work.
Anyway, I just got out of the shower and no issues right after drying my hands. I guess if you stay in there for hours then maybe you will have issues.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
LOL, that was funny. There is always the pin if finger scanner doesn't work.
Anyway, I just got out of the shower and no issues right after drying my hands. I guess if you stay in there for hours then maybe you will have issues.

So THAT'S my problem! My parents always did complain about my "long showers" when I was younger... lol