My Nexus 6Ps had a defect in the top corner

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so take your lovely nexus 6p and lightly tap a corner near the camera visor against your finger. Do you feel or hear an extra rattle or something sounding loose? I returned my phone twice for this issue and all three phones had the same issue. Granted there may be nothing defective, but on each return, Google support assured me I shouldn't be hearing or feeling any loose parts anywhere.

Is this only my issue or has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Posted via the Android Central App

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so take your lovely nexus 6p and lightly tap a corner near the camera visor against your finger. Do you feel or hear an extra rattle or something sounding loose? I returned my phone twice for this issue and all three phones had the same issue. Granted there may be nothing defective, but on each return, Google support assured me I shouldn't be hearing or feeling any loose parts anywhere.

I have the noise on my device. I do have a tempered glass screen protector so it's unknown whether that makes a difference.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I hear the noise from tapping but I don't hear a rattle.

The rattle/noise is rather faint, but it does sound like something is loose when you tap. You won't actually acknowledge that it's anything other than your finger tapping the chassis until you realize that there does seem to be excess movement inside.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the noise on my device. I do have a tempered glass screen protector so it's unknown whether that makes a difference.

The screen protector should not cause you to feel or hear any extra movement underneath the camera glass. The best way to acknowledge the defect is to imagine what a small loose wire might sound like if it were not glued down inside of the visor. It wouldn't be able to be shaken, but a little sharper jolt like a tap will cause it to happen.

It just makes you say, "hey what is that little noise that sounds like something is loose?"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The rattle/noise is rather faint, but it does sound like something is loose when you tap. You won't actually acknowledge that it's anything other than your finger tapping the chassis until you realize that there does seem to be excess movement inside.

I am honestly not noticing it. It just sounds like my finger tapping the glass.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

It's not a defect, its the auto focus elements in the camera. If you turn the camera on, the sound will either stop or be severely muffled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty