Anyone get the May Security update OTA?

UseAndroid86

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My camera is having a orangish hue on lighter surfaces such as white walls in dim lighting now. I know for a fact it wasn't doing that before because I just took pictures in that same room coincidentally the other day because I'm remodeling. Weird

Posted via the Android Central App

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Got mine a week ago today. I feel like my battery life has improved incrementally. Also, there's a new screen that appears when I plug in a charger. You have to "swipe to unlock" from there. Not sure what the purpose is, but it says something about faster charging. I need to do some Googling and figure out what it's all about. Otherwise, I don't notice much difference.

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
One thing I have noticed is that I now am switching to Sprint again after the May update. I had only seen TMO connections since the March update. Not a big deal but just something I noticed.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
It's a security update. To my knowledge it doesn't update anything else.

Not sure if you are addressing my comment, but I can tell you 100% for certain this charging screen never appeared on my phone before the May update, so it must have included more than just a security update.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you are addressing my comment, but I can tell you 100% for certain this charging screen never appeared on my phone before the May update, so it must have included more than just a security update.
Mine has always said "rapid charging" when I plug in the charger but I don't have a "charging screen"...

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like you have ES File Explorer installed. ES File Explorer had an update around the time of the May Security Update that added a new charging screen on it, that claims to charge the phone faster. I'd recommend uninstalling it; ES File Explorer has been getting more and more shady, and this latest appears to be the worst yet.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you have ES File Explorer installed. ES File Explorer had an update around the time of the May Security Update that added a new charging screen on it, that claims to charge the phone faster. I'd recommend uninstalling it; ES File Explorer has been getting more and more shady, and this latest appears to be the worst yet.

Interesting. I don't have ES, but I do have Asus File Manager installed. I don't recall seeing an update around that time, but a TON of apps did update within a couple of days of the May Android update, so this could very well explain it. Guess it must just be a coincidence of timing. Thanks for the explanation.

p.s. - is that the Marjorie Glacier in your profile pic? We were there a few years ago on an Alaskan cruise, and it looks awfully familair. ;)

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is Marjorie. That is a pic I took on a cruise. We lucked out and were there on one of the few clear days when you could see Mt. Fairweather behind the glacier.