Slow to send SMS texts

enroberts

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey there. Using a stock Nexus with 7.1.1. Even before the move to the latest beta my device sometimes decides it wants to take forever to send a text via the stock SMS app. Once I click send it'll sometimes take over a minute to get out. I can send a few messages and once the first one goes, they'll all dump out quickly as if they're queued up. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen this issue. Can you switch to Hangouts for a bit and test it? Hangouts uses your internet connection to send SMS, so it may work better than the default app, though it has a few drawbacks as well.

enroberts

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen this issue. Can you switch to Hangouts for a bit and test it? Hangouts uses your internet connection to send SMS, so it may work better than the default app, though it has a few drawbacks as well.

Hangouts works fine. Just the native SMS app struggles from time to time.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey there. Using a stock Nexus with 7.1.1. Even before the move to the latest beta my device sometimes decides it wants to take forever to send a text via the stock SMS app. Once I click send it'll sometimes take over a minute to get out. I can send a few messages and once the first one goes, they'll all dump out quickly as if they're queued up. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks!
Are you using google messing text app? Can't remember if that was stock or not but the Google message text app works great.