Stable 7.1.1 up for your flashing pleasure

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Factory images and OTA files are now posted for Nexus 6p! (Except Verizon)
Time to start flashing!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon thing probably has more to do with some as-yet unknown issue with the radio firmware and Verizon's abomination of a network. So rather than hold everyone else up, release it and tell people on Verizon to wait... Fine with me.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Factory images and OTA files are now posted for Nexus 6p! (Except Verizon)
Perhaps you meant for the Pixel? Since there's no Verizon-specific version of the 6P.

And Google wouldn't post Verizon-specific images for the Pixel anyway - that'd be Verizon's responsibility.

Gary Hamden

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps you meant for the Pixel? Since there's no Verizon-specific version of the 6P.

And Google wouldn't post Verizon-specific images for the Pixel anyway - that'd be Verizon's responsibility.

Strangely it is listed as stated below

I am on Verizon I did a full install no issues.

7.1.1 (NMF26F, Dec 2016. All carriers except Verizon)
You can get the full firmware here

https://developers.google.com/android/images

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Strangely it is listed as stated below

I am on Verizon I did a full install no issues.

7.1.1 (NMF26F, Dec 2016. All carriers except Verizon)
You can get the full firmware here

https://developers.google.com/android/images

Hmmm, no Verizon exception for the 5x update with the same build number. Maybe there'll be a VZW variation that will enable wifi calling and other VZW services? Probably not, but we can dream...

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Verizon shouldn't need a special update for WiFi calling.
The 6P works fine for WiFi calling on TMobile, for example, without mods, they just provision it. I, unfortunately, can't use TMo, because their rural coverage is all but useless in WA state...

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Verizon shouldn't need a special update for WiFi calling.
The 6P works fine for WiFi calling on TMobile, for example, without mods, they just provision it.

Verizon doesn't and currently there's no ability to enable wifi calling on VZW using the 6p.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Verizon doesn't and currently there's no ability to enable wifi calling on VZW using the 6p.

That's a bummer. This is causing me some pretty huge grief right now, with AT&T, because we're often at a location on the weekends with no signal, but strong WiFi around the area, so the family is pressuring me to "fix it".
I was thinking Verizon might be the fix, when I called them the CSR said they would provision it, with my 6P and a couple of 5X devices. Glad I didn't take their word for it.
Still "fencing it" trying to figure out a solution, one that doesn't involving forwarding/un-forwarding things to Google Voice, or similar. I've been with AT&T for almost 20 years now, but I'm pretty annoyed by this particular policy. That, and the fact they seem to be downgrading, or just not fixing HSPA signal near home, because they have great low-frequency signal nearby (band 12), which isn't usable on a non-branded phone, what a mess. I file reports on the tower, and they just reply saying my LTE is just fine, which isn't so fine, if you can't use it for voice...

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth, there's some apps which will allow you to make calls via wifi (Hangouts dialer for example) without having to pass everything off to them, though incoming calls wouldn't work.