anyone get the final release nougat 7.1.1 on the beta program?

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I have both a Nexus 6p and a Pixel C on the Beta program on 7.1.1, and neither of them have received the December update, thus I'm figuring that because the last beta update is a NEWER release (later build date) than the official update, we must wait for Google to formulate a build that is newer than what we presently have before we can get it, otherwise it would be a downgrade. Perhaps they will either just eventually send a December security patch to us or update everyone to the same level in January.
This is my opinion, nothing more.

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just read that there is an OTA now to go from DP2 to Official release 7.1.1. That would be from build NPF26F to NMF26F.

I just received it, which surprised me because I'm on Verizon. The download was 26 MB, and it was a very quick install. No developer preview prompt after reboot. Build is now NMF26F, and security patch is December 5, 2016.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just received it, which surprised me because I'm on Verizon. The download was 26 MB, and it was a very quick install. No developer preview prompt after reboot. Build is now NMF26F, and security patch is December 5, 2016.

Be careful with that build on Verizon as it is not approved for use. Issues with VoLTE and regular voicemail have been reported.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I just got an update right now. Can someone confirm that this is the final version? (I am in the beta too and I am on At&t)

Attachments

• 133524.jpg
    133524.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 44

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Got the update to NMF26F today, Dec 5 security patch level, then unenrolled from the beta with no issue.

Still waiting for the patch to roll out to my Pixel C, though.

NewPepper

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Same here. Looks like this is the final official build. No more developer preview/beta program.

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Be careful with that build on Verizon as it is not approved for use. Issues with VoLTE and regular voicemail have been reported.

This build was pushed out to Verizon 6p owners, so presumably problems have been dealt with. I've tested calling with Enhanced 4G LTE Mode enabled, and the call was crystal clear. VM works fine as well. Obviously it's early. I'm sure we'll see plenty of reports/posts if there are issues.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This build was pushed out to Verizon 6p owners, so presumably problems have been dealt with. I've tested calling with Enhanced 4G LTE Mode enabled, and the call was crystal clear. VM works fine as well. Obviously it's early. I'm sure we'll see plenty of reports/posts if there are issues.

This build was only pushed out to people on the Developer Preview program. Regular Verizon users not on DP build had Dec security update OTA only which left them on 7.0. This is part of the problem with the DP program.

On the factory images page for build NMF26F under the Nexus 6P listing, it specifically says "All carriers except Verizon". Many have reported significant issues with it. You are able to dial *86 and get to your voicemail? If you call another Verizon customer, can you leave a voicemail? Are you using basic voicemail service and NOT their visual voicemail?

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
This build was only pushed out to people on the Developer Preview program. Regular Verizon users not on DP build had Dec security update OTA only which left them on 7.0. This is part of the problem with the DP program.

On the factory images page for build NMF26F under the Nexus 6P listing, it specifically says "All carriers except Verizon". Many have reported significant issues with it. You are able to dial *86 and get to your voicemail? If you call another Verizon customer, can you leave a voicemail? Are you using basic voicemail service and NOT their visual voicemail?

Yep, I know about the factory images page, and I did notice that it still showed that message at the same time that I received the OTA update. I guess I just assumed that any update being pushed to me must be ready for prime time.

I've been on visual voicemail since getting 7.1.1 via the DP program. I can receive a VM just fine and listen to it since getting today's update. I do love visual VM, and I sure hate the tyranny of *86.

I just called my wife's iPhone 7 on Verizon and sure enough, I can't leave a VM for her. The call just ends after several rings. Dangit.

Well, the good news is, I can't think of a single person on Verizon for whom I would actually leave a VM if they didn't pick up. I would always just hang up and text anyway. I hate getting VM messages, so I rarely inflict them on others.

honestov

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Nougat final release arrived OTA last night. Small file all of 26MB. Hopefully it fixes several bugs that I was experiencing with Nougat Beta Developers Release Preview: Battery life was poor, WiFi randomly dropped, Google Play Music would randomly pause, PocketCast would randomly pause.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Got mine around 6pm last night. It was 26MB so I downloaded it LTE instead of wifi and installed it on the train ride home. NMF26F is my build number on Project Fi on the beta

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I know about the factory images page, and I did notice that it still showed that message at the same time that I received the OTA update. I guess I just assumed that any update being pushed to me must be ready for prime time.

I've been on visual voicemail since getting 7.1.1 via the DP program. I can receive a VM just fine and listen to it since getting today's update. I do love visual VM, and I sure hate the tyranny of *86.

I just called my wife's iPhone 7 on Verizon and sure enough, I can't leave a VM for her. The call just ends after several rings. Dangit.

Well, the good news is, I can't think of a single person on Verizon for whom I would actually leave a VM if they didn't pick up. I would always just hang up and text anyway. I hate getting VM messages, so I rarely inflict them on others.

I appreciate the detail of your response. It appears the only regular VM is affected. Those with Visual Voicemail service are able to get their messages. Others have experienced VoLTE issues also. I sure hope they are working on this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty