FYI: Bluetooth cut out on car phone system persists on Mate 9

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
There was a lot of discussion here about problems with the 6P connecting to car phone systems. For me, it would connect and then disconnect then reconnect every 20-60 seconds. Completely unusable. I stopped using it.

I got the Huawei Mate 9 and it does exactly the same thing.

Personally, I think it's the fact that I have a 2010 vehicle. Older. However, I think some people said they had the problem with newer cars. Maybe it's Nougat. I disabled it on the Huawei too. Unusable.

Just reporting from the front lines!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Could it possibly be more on the side of the Bluetooth radio system rather than the phone? Mines a 2014 minivan and it doesn't skip off and on, but I have a little face-off style non factory type

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Could it possibly be more on the side of the Bluetooth radio system rather than the phone? Mines a 2014 minivan and it doesn't skip off and on, but I have a little face-off style non factory type

Yes. That's what I meant when I said I have a 2010 vehicle. The Bluetooth version is far behind version 4.2 (I don't know which it is).

TrackFan

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
The bluetooth connection between my 6P and 2013 Nissan Xterra OEM radio is intermittent unless the phone is in proximity to the BT receiver. My old Samsung S3 worked fine anywhere in the vehicle. I think it's the HuaWei BT hardware that's crappola.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 6P seems to work fine on a 2011 Kia Forte.

That said, Bluetooth on Android in general seems like a crapshoot - you can never tell if/when it's going to work, which peripheral it's going to work with, which profile (music vs. phone) is going to play nicely, etc.

Apple didn't get this far by having a questionable implementation.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
My 6P worked flawlessly with my 2015 Toyota Highlander until the April or May 2016 update running M. Then from that point on my BT has been a disaster. It boots my car dash in a continuous loop, I have to turn off the BT on my 6P so the car will behave. Then N came along and it's slightly better, I can use the phone once to make or receive a call and then the car starts booting again - sometimes. If I pair my car with my old Galaxy S3 it works great.