Google is going to replace my 6P with a Pixel XL not in warranty!

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
damn, I had my 6p replaced a few months ago because it got stuck in a boot loop. wish it had happened a bit later so I could've gotten a pixel instead of a refurb 6p 😞

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Even though I still have six (6) weeks remaining on my N6P's Nexus Protection warranty, I contacted Google Support directly when the battery/shutdown issue became more frequent. I explained the situation to the CS rep and after checking my IMEI number against their database, the rep told me that the phone would be replaced. He said "since we have no more N6Ps in stock, Google will send a brand new Pixel XL as the replacement." He processed the "order" and after I authorized the $700 credit hold, the order was completed. The phone is scheduled for a 09/18 delivery. Because the battery issue is a design/manufacturer flaw, Google isn't requiring you contact Nexus Protection for a replacement.

BTW, my nephew requested a replacement N6P in early August and received another N6P. In this case, timing proved to be everything.

skinner1984

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
Just went through the same process and successfully requested a pixel xl replacement. I had the battery replaced by a 3rd party mobile store to fix the battery power off at 15% issue about 3 months ago as my phone was out of warranty. Recently the fingerprint scanner stopped working all together so with all the reports of people getting XLs I gave it a try. Here's hoping they still accept the replacement even though technically the warranty was voided when I had the battery replaced

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
So, has anyone who has been promised a replacement Pixel for their 6P had their order shipped? I placed my order on September 14, but it still hasn't shipped.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So, has anyone who has been promised a replacement Pixel for their 6P had their order shipped? I placed my order on September 14, but it still hasn't shipped.
If you placed your order on the 14th (Thursday) then the only working business day they had to ship was Friday. I doubt they work weekends and today (Monday is only 10am EST).

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site

My replacement order was placed on Thursday 9/14 and is out for delivery today the 18th

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I too placed an order on the 14th but it still shows as order placed, no movement and no shipping emails. Wonder wassup

kenpbuck

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
My replacement showed no shipping activity since the 14th but is now out for delivery. Must be some issue where initial pickup and shipping activity did not update.

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
They're no longer issuing replacements and referring everyone to Huwai.

Huwai is offering depot repair service out of Texas where they replace the battery and screen for $151. 7-10 business days is the stated turnaround time, but they acknowledge that it's all dependent upon how busy they are and transit time to Texas.

Last edited:

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Huwai is offering depot repair service out of Texas where they replace the battery and screen for $151. 7-10 business days is the stated turnaround time, but they acknowledge that it's all dependent upon how busy they are and transit time to Texas.
Damn, wonder now if they will change it up and not send out the pixel.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone received theres yet is it brand new or refurbished?
Google is charging your credit card full retail for a new device ($869 + tax) so I would assume it's new. The charge goes away after they receive your 6P back. My email from Google also says new Pixel XL.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for asking this questions. I'm having the same experience. The order says, "Ordered Sept 14th, Ships 15th, Delivery Sept 18th or 19th." Today is the 18th. Nothing. Crickets. I've called twice, they say, "You'll hear from our shipping dept within 24 hours."

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for asking this questions. I'm having the same experience. The order says, "Ordered Sept 14th, Ships 15th, Delivery Sept 18th or 19th." Today is the 18th. Nothing. Crickets. I've called twice, they say, "You'll hear from our shipping dept within 24 hours."

Hmmmmmm..........I did not like the sound of that.

skinner1984

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site

Not true. I managed to get a replacement organised yesterday although I am in Australia.