Just Got A 7.1

Squarrow

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I just picked this guy up today, Pie download right out of the tin. So far so good. Can't believe how much is added to Android by other OEMs after seeing clean Android on this device. It's truly beautiful.

I installed gCam from an apk, but haven't really seen a difference between it and Nokia's offering.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Picked up one for my son yesterday. Camera is ok. Not the best but not the worst. Sideloaded Gcam but not a noticeable difference. Easy to cover the speaker at the bottom of the device.
It really is a solid device for $350.00.

Last edited:

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Same here. I hope it was a good choice. I'm a former traumatised and recovering BlackBerry and BlackBerry Android user...Nokia feels like coming home since it was my brand of choice for devices back in the day.

It's been a good while since I've had a Nokia phone. From before Microsoft took over.

A few years ago I noticed that HMD (glad to see that it is former engineers, designers, managers from the old Nokia Mobile division who own and operate HMD...I heard that they even use the old headquarters!!!) took over the defunct handset business from Microsoft and basically brought it back in-house. The fact that they decided to fully engage with and commit to the Android OS, couldn't have come at a better time...I like their available portfolio of devices...especially the 7.1.

Now the question is...was it the right decision to purchase this device?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I hope it was a good choice. I'm a former traumatised and recovering BlackBerry and BlackBerry Android user...Nokia feels like coming home since it was my brand of choice for devices back in the day.

It's been a good while since I've had a Nokia phone. From before Microsoft took over.

A few years ago I noticed that HMD (glad to see that is former engineers, designers, managers from the old Nokia Mobile division who own and operate HMD...I heard that they even use the old headquarters!!!) took over the defunct handset business from Microsoft and basically brought it back in-house. The fact that they decided to fully engage with and commit to the Android OS, couldn't have come at a better time...I like their available portfolio of devices...especially the 7.1.

Now the question is...was it the right decision to purchase this device?

Absolutely. Actually the only drawback I have found is the speakerphone. It is decent volume wise for videos, etc. but for calls, it is really low volume.
I just refuse to pay $1000 for a phone. Does it feel a bit slow? It does every so often but I turned off haptic feedback and it is much more responsive. I got the blue for $300.00 but really wanted the silver and copper color.

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Absolutely. Actually the only drawback I have found is the speakerphone. It is decent volume wise for videos, etc. but for calls, it is really low volume.
I just refuse to pay $1000 for a phone. Does it feel a bit slow? It does every so often but I turned off haptic feedback and it is much more responsive. I got the blue for $300.00 but really wanted the silver and copper color.

Well, I had the BlackBerry Leap at one point, and that device had a single speaker (on the back of the device) as well. And the sound quality, contrary to what I expected, wasn't too bad. So provided that the Nokia 7.1 isn't worse than the Leap...then it shouldn't be an issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty