Pictures taken with the Nokia 9 Pureview

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Yep unfortunately you will need to use a third party app for manual focus in both photo and video modes. Hopefully they will update the software to include this later but it's one of those things that should've been there from day one.

But I'm pretty sure that the third party apps don't use all five lenses so you're losing what makes the camera special.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
But I'm pretty sure that the third party apps don't use all five lenses so you're losing what makes the camera special.
Yep I just added that in the comment above. I wonder if Nokia is going to open the hardware to third party apps. Did they really think this all the way through is the feeling I'm getting.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Well I was planning on getting some more camera time today while I was downtown but I didn't get the chance. I was only able to take a few snaps in full auto mode as I was called to be somewhere and couldn't hang around. There was also a Flames game about to start so the area was a zoo. Anyway here's the few that I did get. No edits.

IMG_20190315_185108.jpg

1503-2019-084803218808725967863.jpg

Here's a shot of our new downtown library. This one I managed to get a shot with both the Nokia 9 and the Lumia 1020 while I was waiting for the crossing signal to give me a green.

Nokia 9
IMG_20190315_183918.jpg

Lumia 1020
WP_20190315_18_41_14_Pro.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be back at work so I'll definitely try to get some aircraft photos.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well I was planning on getting some more camera time today while I was downtown but I didn't get the chance. I was only able to take a few snaps in full auto mode as I was called to be somewhere and couldn't hang around. There was also a Flames game about to start so the area was a zoo. Anyway here's the few that I did get. No edits.

View attachment 300202

View attachment 300203

Here's a shot of our new downtown library. This one I managed to get a shot with both the Nokia 9 and the Lumia 1020 while I was waiting for the crossing signal to give me a green.

Nokia 9
View attachment 300204

Lumia 1020
View attachment 300205

Tomorrow I'll be back at work so I'll definitely try to get some aircraft photos.
This is good stuff and I'm surprised by how outdated the Lumia 1020 looks next to the Nokia 9 shot. I'm impressed.

DogEarsAZ

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Grabbed a couple of photos playing golf, but haven't played around with camera much the past couple of days.

wekopa.jpg

wekopa2.jpg

Both of these are from Wekopa Golf Club and are the normal jpeg files.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Here's a nice little goodie for you guys and I'm actually looking to purchase this next week. Perfect make up for not having a shutter button.
https://youtu.be/H4KFDxB1zis

I actually have one and used it on Thursday when i took a lot of pics. My battery was at 78% when i started the hike and was fully charged by the time i got back to my car about two hours later in spite of taking all of the pics! It makes it easier to hold the camera steady, too.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I actually have one and used it on Thursday when i took a lot of pics. My battery was at 78% when i started the hike and was fully charged by the time i got back to my car about two hours later in spite of taking all of the pics! It makes it easier to hold the camera steady, too.
Wow I didn't know that. That's pretty cool. I'm definitely getting one for myself.

DogEarsAZ

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You can use this coupon for 15% off - ADONIT15%

Someone clown is selling them through Amazon for $60 (for the black) and it's $28 on the Adonit website. Slightly annoyed they are charging $12 for shipping, should be nowhere near that much, but I'll live with it.

I ended up ordering directly from Adonit because they probably take a hefty cut in margin selling to Amazon. Starve the Monkeys and all that :)

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
You can use this coupon for 15% off - ADONIT15%

Someone clown is selling them through Amazon for $60 (for the black) and it's $28 on the Adonit website. Slightly annoyed they are charging $12 for shipping, should be nowhere near that much, but I'll live with it.

I ended up ordering directly from Adonit because they probably take a hefty cut in margin selling to Amazon. Starve the Monkeys and all that :)

There are two different models though. One with the battery for QI charging and one without for phones that don't have QI. There is a significant difference in price.

Mits5139

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Loving my N9.

Colours very natural and neutral so you do find yourself postprocessing. But the results are really good.

Just a few quick shots taken this morning prepping for my neices birthday.

Overall am awesome phone bar the fingerprint scanner lol

Attachments

• IMG_20190317_124357.jpg
    IMG_20190317_124357.jpg
    867.1 KB · Views: 16
  • PSX_20190317_125155.jpg
    PSX_20190317_125155.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 13

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Loving my N9.

Colours very natural and neutral so you do find yourself postprocessing. But the results are really good.

Wow. These shots don't look like they came from a phone actually.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Loving my N9.

If the colors are “very natural”, then why are you post processing so much ? :p
Only cellphone uses seem to want their photos looking like they are on a LSD trip. Hahahaha

DogEarsAZ

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Wildflowers popping everywhere in the desert. Have to get out hiking this week to capture more. So much rain this winter, wild flowers will be super good.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Took some pics at work. Still getting the hang of this camera which can be bit difficult with being on a time constraint. Anyway here's a few samples. I'll specify which ones I've edited and which I haven't.

No edits whatsoever on this one:
IMG_20190317_182459.jpg

Two grounded 737 MAX looking sad on the parking pad. Some light edits:
LRM_EXPORT_28097629007683_20190317_040229798.jpg

My first attempt at a low light shot. It was actually pretty dark, and it was handheld so it's not the sharpest. This camera has pretty big potential with low light but it takes some work. One thing I noticed is having Depth mode set to ON while taking a low light photo like this can really butcher the JPEG output quality, as I was getting similar super noisy results like some of those guys complaining about the camera's low light. With depth mode off the results are fine though, though I do find the autofocus a bit unreliable.

This photo is heavily edited:
LRM_EXPORT_17758702016954_20190316_233501092.jpg

Another handheld low light attempt. Starting to get the hang of it so not so heavy handed on the edits like the previous photo. OIS would have been really handy.
LRM_EXPORT_27200472773779_20190317_034721887.jpg

All the edits were done right on the phone with LightRoom CC. One thing I noticed is the results of the edits tend to look better on the phone than they do on a larger monitor. But on the plus side, even an already decent looking photo can be made to look very nice with only some minor edits right on the phone itself with those RAW files.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Took some pics at work. Still getting the hang of this camera which can be bit difficult with being on a time constraint. Anyway here's a few samples. I'll specify which ones I've edited and which I haven't.

No edits whatsoever on this one:
View attachment 300380

Two grounded 737 MAX looking sad on the parking pad. Some light edits:
View attachment 300381

My first attempt at a low light shot. It was actually pretty dark, and it was handheld so it's not the sharpest. This camera has pretty big potential with low light but it takes some work. One thing I noticed is having Depth mode set to ON while taking a low light photo like this can really butcher the JPEG output quality, as I was getting similar super noisy results like some of those guys complaining about the camera's low light. With depth mode off the results are fine though, though I do find the autofocus a bit unreliable.

This photo is heavily edited:
View attachment 300382

Another handheld low light attempt. Starting to get the hang of it so not so heavy handed on the edits like the previous photo. OIS would have been really handy.
View attachment 300383

All the edits were done right on the phone with LightRoom CC. One thing I noticed is the results of the edits tend to look better on the phone than they do on a larger monitor. But on the plus side, even an already decent looking photo can be made to look very nice with only some minor edits right on the phone itself with those RAW files.
Thanks for your analysis. You're giving a better explanation of things than some of the "full reviews" I've seen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo