Images of NVIDIA Shield from CES Show Floor (and More)

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Here are a few images direct from the show floor... courtesy Kevin O'Quinn.

GmA3I.jpg

WimO9.jpg

gnF3Z.jpg

...and some great stuff from Phil's Hands on with NVIDIA's 'Project Shield':

nvidia-project-shield-26.jpg

nvidia-project-shield-2.jpg

nvidia-project-shield-5.jpg

nvidia-project-shield-12.jpg

nvidia-project-shield-6.jpg

For more goodness be sure to check out Phil's Hands on with NVIDIA's 'Project Shield' for many more pictures, and a hands on video.

What do you all think? Good? Bad? How much would you pay for this?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would pay more than a Nexus 7, but less than a new iPad. :p

I thought it was impressive. It can do just about anything. Looks nice, isn't too big, and I heard it has really good balance. ;) Comfortable to hold for long periods of time.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I totally fell in love with this thing at the press conference. I'm thinking it will be in the 300-400 range. You need to look past the device itself it's not JUST a tablet, it's meant to be a hub to your gaming, since it connects you to the "cloud" and to your home network and it outputs to your TV. The screen is there for extra options. This thing is meant to be played on a big TV, it looked incedible on the 4K TV NVIDIA was using. :)

EDIT: Hopefully the Tegra Champ will get to test one eventually! ;)

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I totally feel in love with this thing at the press conference. I'm thinking it will be in the 300-400 range. You need to look past the device itself it's not JUST a tablet, it's meant to be a hub to your gaming, since it connects you to the "cloud" and to your home network and it outputs to your TV. The screen is there for extra options. This thing is meant to be played on a big TV, it looked incedible on the 4K TV NVIDIA was using. :)

EDIT: Hopefully the Tegra Champ will get to test one eventually! ;)

Other places are saying Q2 and "priced competitively with other handheld gaming devices", but I think it'll be more expensive than a PS Vita.

Yeah, hopefully I get to play with one, but it won't be before release.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Brad Ames

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
If this is priced about $250-300 it's a steal for me! I own a Vita and it is kind of a disappointment to me (not very many good games), And from what I've experienced on android, the Indie scene is sooo much more diverse than sony's or Microsoft's 1st party devs. This seems it will be more powerful than the OUYA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38