What do you think about the OnePlus 3?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
How many more years will we have people continue to blame a skin for the reason they didn't buy a phone? Are there really people out there who have no clue how easy it is to install google now launcher and essentially make your phone a stock nexus device?

"Skins" are much deeper than the launcher. TouchWiz is the firmware, it penetrates the launcher, settings, menus, app intentions and even memory management.

What Assassin Droid said. I'm very well versed in alternative launchers, thank you very much. I install Nova on any phone I own, including Nexus phones, because I like to customize the layout more than Google's stock launcher allows. But that can't change what a company like Samsung, LG, or Xiaomi does to the OS beyond the launcher. So yeah, the Galaxy S7 is a no-go for me.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I like it. It sounds like a pretty good all-around device if you aren't looking to spend 500+ for a phone. It's too big for me personally but I give them props. I would argue to say that it is probably better than the 5x but I need to see and read more reviews in order for me to back that up.

X-Nemesis

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Is it physically impossible for them to put a 4000mAh in this phone? Aren't there other 5.5" phones that have 4000 or higher batteries with all the features of the Oneplus 3?

Bugs me that in a day and age where battery life is almost king, feature wise, that these companies don't stuff the biggest damn battery they can fit into these phones.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Is it physically impossible for them to put a 4000mAh in this phone? Aren't there other 5.5" phones that have 4000 or higher batteries with all the features of the Oneplus 3?

Bugs me that in a day and age where battery life is almost king, feature wise, that these companies don't stuff the biggest damn battery they can fit into these phones.

They made the device a little smaller than last year, so that did increase the constraints for size. There are also things like heat and leaving space for other components that they're working around. The largest battery I'm aware of in a 5.5" device is 3600 mAh, in the Droid Maxx 2.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
They made the device a little smaller than last year, so that did increase the constraints for size. There are also things like heat and leaving space for other components that they're working around. The largest battery I'm aware of in a 5.5" device is 3600 mAh, in the Droid Maxx 2.

The s7 edge is 5.5 with 3600 battery and is actually more compact than the oneplus 3

Posted via the Android Central App

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Phandroid says it has memory management problems despite the six gigs of RAM. But hopefully an update will help with that or maybe it's an isolated issue.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Phandroid says it has memory management problems despite the six gigs of RAM. But hopefully an update will help with that or maybe it's an isolated issue.

That's not good :( If their software is as close to stock as they say it is, it shouldn't be having hiccups at all. So yeah ... update away!

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Yeah it is a little odd to hear about that when other reviewers have commented on how they never experienced anything like that.

For example, the Greenbot review said that Snapchat never crashed on them, when it crashes on every other phone sometimes.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
The s7 edge is 5.5 with 3600 battery and is actually more compact than the oneplus 3

You can't compare Samsung engineers to One Plus. Just the sheer amount of engineers they have to make it that svelte while having all that tech and make it waterproof is in the hundreds. One plus did great given their budget

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it is a little odd to hear about that when other reviewers have commented on how they never experienced anything like that.

For example, the Greenbot review said that Snapchat never crashed on them, when it crashes on every other phone sometimes.

Maybe a faulty memory module?

I haven't read their review, but given they're the only ones complaining about it, it seems likely it's a problem with their specific device rather than the design of software in general.

We shall see...

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not really. The s7 edge is actually a thicker device, and was made thicker than last years s6 edge to fit a larger battery.

That's true, but personally I would trade 0.3mm (0.01 inch) for another 600 mAh on the battery ;)

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: What do you think?

Everything you're stating here is subjective to you're own interpretation.

Well of course it is -- The thread asks what each of us think about the phone .. so therefore .. asking for our interpretation / opinion ;).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Well of course it is -- The thread asks what each of us think about the phone .. so therefore .. asking for our interpretation / opinion ;).

The thread in general is, but all of the things that this member quoted were objective examples of compromises made in the device. So your point is valid that the thread is meant for opinions, but their point is invalid, since they refer to facts as subjective. In this case, since they are facts, that's simply wrong, not a valid disagreement.

dannyyboyy

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I do feel like they should have kept thickness, eliminated camera hump, and put in a larger battery. But thats far from a dealbreaker for me. The 1080p screen is definitely not a deal breaker, and in fact is probably a positive for myself, as I'd much rather get the tradeoff in battery life/efficiency vs a quad HD. I don't do VR, so I'll likely never notice the difference. 64 GB of storage is more than enough for me. I've had my OnePlus One for almost 2 years now and still have almost 20gb free. This phone ticked just about every box I needed for purchase, so I bought one day 1. If the Xiaomi Mi5 had support for US bands, I'd have gotten that, but this was the next best thing to me. I DO wish they had gone a different route in terms of the body. Does no one remember how nice the Nokia Lumia phones felt? Would an unibody polycarbonate with sandstone finish not have felt premium enough?

Chuck Jones III

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

No, they are not clear, at all.
Do you proof-read your posts, they are full of mistakes?
Makes for a really hard read to try and understand you.