new update. 3.26 .914 build

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got this update. Includes Sept security updates.

Attachments

• 24630.jpg
    24630.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 24626.jpg
    24626.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Good to know. From the Oneplus forums:

Here are some highlights:

Optimized voice call quality of some IM applications.
Improved adaptive brightness performance
Improved camera quality
Fixed occasional green/yellow issue
Optimized white balance
Improved 1080p video recording
Addressed some bluetooth connection problems for vehicles
Allows third party application to modify ringtone
Optimized battery consumption when scrolling
Optimized touch accuracy when playing games
Added DozeMode switch in Developer options
Added PocketMode switch in Display settings

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Good to know. From the Oneplus forums:

Here are some highlights:

Optimized voice call quality of some IM applications.
Improved adaptive brightness performance
Improved camera quality
Fixed occasional green/yellow issue
Optimized white balance
Improved 1080p video recording
Addressed some bluetooth connection problems for vehicles
Allows third party application to modify ringtone
Optimized battery consumption when scrolling
Optimized touch accuracy when playing games
Added DozeMode switch in Developer options
Added PocketMode switch in Display settings

Wow sounds like a heck of an update...bluetooth connection with my car can be real jaded, so hopefully this helps. I'm thinking about holding off for now possibly though, seems like a lot of changes were made, maybe see how the update works for others.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow sounds like a heck of an update...bluetooth connection with my car can be real jaded, so hopefully this helps. I'm thinking about holding off for now possibly though, seems like a lot of changes were made, maybe see how the update works for others.

Runs fine so far. Repaired to a BMX X3 with no issues. With that said, I never had any Bluetooth issues before.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had the update yet, but I'm confident enough to say that it's a switch which allows you to disable doze mode.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had the update yet, but I'm confident enough to say that it's a switch which allows you to disable doze mode.

That's kind of what I thought. Just curious as to how it works. I'm still looking at getting this phone. Just wanted to see if some glitches and issues were taken care of. Not sure the $1100 I just plopped down on an iPhone 7 Plus is worth it.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
That's kind of what I thought. Just curious as to how it works. I'm still looking at getting this phone. Just wanted to see if some glitches and issues were taken care of. Not sure the $1100 I just plopped down on an iPhone 7 Plus is worth it.

Overall I'm very happy with the phone and would NOT say this phone is glitchy or has issues that have me regret getting it or not recommend the phone to anyone.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Looking at the screenshot, this latest release is for the OnePlus 3, A3000, USA/Chinese, CDMA, variant. Nothing showing for the Global, GSM, model, A3003, so far.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Overall I'm very happy with the phone and would NOT say this phone is glitchy or has issues that have me regret getting it or not recommend the phone to anyone.

Yeah, same. I did have a couple of issues (though nothing serious) but they seem to have been patched.

Of course, now I've said that the damn thing will probably melt down!

I won't comment much on $1100 iPhones as I don't think I'd be able to find anything positive to say... But I doubt it's 2.75* or 275% better than the Oneplus 3.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the screenshot, this latest release is for the OnePlus 3, A3000, USA/Chinese, CDMA, variant. Nothing showing for the Global, GSM, model, A3003, so far.

Hey, it's better that they test it on the Americans and Chinese before they release it to the rest of us!

In seriousness though, there isn't a CDMA variant of the Oneplus 3, they're all GSM and they all run the same software. We'll probably see it within the week.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So I ended up not waiting of course. So far very stable with normal use and battery has been the same so far. Which hasn't necessarily been the case right after an update for me.

As for those contemplating getting this phone, it's definitely worth it no doubt. This is the most fluid and lag free phone I've ever used, even compared to my Nexus 6p. I've literally not seen one ounce of lag, it's incredible. I am very picky about that too.

Real quick note on the camera, I had a chance to compare it with my girlfriend's iPhone 6s, and her whole family's 6s' (4 total). We had mostly night shots and some indoor lower light shots. And towards the end of the night her sister, who's very much into photography, decided to use my camera for the rest of the pictures we all took. It was without a doubt the better camera in those situations. Kinda surprised me.

That's all.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
In seriousness though, there isn't a CDMA variant of the Oneplus 3, they're all GSM and they all run the same software. We'll probably see it within the week.

Both the U.S. and China still have the old CDMA networks and GSMArena lists the A3000, North American model, as CDMA. This is why the Global model, A3003 is not compatible with the Verizon, CDMA, network. See, Will My Phone Work?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Both the U.S. and China still have the old CDMA networks and GSMArena lists the A3000, North American model, as CDMA. This is why the Global model, A3003 is not compatible with the Verizon, CDMA, network. See, Will My Phone Work?

Fair enough, I thought it didn't because of all the Americans who claim it doesn't work on Verizon.

There's still only one version of the software though, and we'll likely get it soon. I think they're doing slightly slower roll outs now.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Fair enough, I thought it didn't because of all the Americans who claim it doesn't work on Verizon.

There's still only one version of the software though, and we'll likely get it soon. I think they're doing slightly slower roll outs now.

The North American OnePlus 3 model, A3000, should be fully compatible on Verizon's 2G and 3G bands but only partially compatible on its 4G/LTE band on Band4-AWS and Band2-1900MHz only.

I hope there is more than one version of the firmware... or else the Global, A3003, model will be getting the same baseband/modem as the U.S. CDMA, model... not to mention the American NSA spyware ;)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The North American OnePlus 3 model, A3000, should be fully compatible on Verizon's 2G and 3G bands but only partially compatible on its 4G/LTE band on Band4-AWS and Band2-1900MHz only.

I hope there is more than one version of the firmware... or else the Global, A3003, model will be getting the same baseband/modem as the U.S. CDMA, model... not to mention the American NSA spyware ;)

Nope, just the one package with the same baseband firmware for all devices.

Even if it wasn't, I doubt this patch even touches that partition.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Whilst the Baseband, or modem/radio, build number may be the same, the fact remains that the modem, or baseband, in the Global, A3003, model is incompatible with the Verizon, North American network and model, A3000 and vice versa. As demonstrated in the Will My Phone Work? site. The Global A3003 does not have CDMA in its modem/baseband and different LTE bands to the North Americn A3000, as shown in the GSMArena spec's for the OnePlus 3 that I linked you to in post #14, above.

My own baseband is a later version and is for the Community Build 3.5.2 release...

Last edited: