Music pausing constantly over Bluetooth playing on the car

Elco Garcia

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
I have this annoying problem that when I'm driving and playing music over Bluetooth with my phone, it continually pauses with no reason at all.

It happens with 3 different cars, Chevrolet, Jeep and BMW, it happens with Spotify and other music apps such as Indie Shuffle.

I don't think it's a streaming problem (such as Internet speed) because Spotify allows to download the songs when using WiFi at home, and the problem persists when I play previously downloaded music with WiFi.

I tried updating the Spotify app, and the other music apps, as well as the Android operating system with no success at all.

I currently have a OnePlus 3T (A3010) with Oxygen 5.0.3

Thank you!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does it happen with other BT speakers or just in vehicles? Don't know the OP3 very well, so I don't know, but if it has some sort of motion gesture or button combo to control music playback while locked that might be why (if the motion in the car is triggering it).

Elco Garcia

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for your reply, it just happens in vehicles, yesterday I just realized that it's not pausing, the song minute counter bar continues playing, however the sound goes away (but as I'm driving I don't pay much attention to the mobile device) I found also that if I push pause and play on the car, the music sound comes back, if I don't do anything, the sound comes back until next song

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Kinda late reply, sorry... but are you getting notifications while driving? There was a bug a couple versions ago where notifications would lower the volume of the music (as they should) but then the audio wouldn't come back to its normal level unless you paused/played or restarted the app.

ran777

Jul 21, 2018
Visit site
I have a similar problem, but it's not just with BT, also with headphones, and with chrome. audio stops (not a volume issue), it's not pausing. when I press pause and play again it comes back, but it happens every few minutes.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem, but it's not just with BT, also with headphones, and with chrome. audio stops (not a volume issue), it's not pausing. when I press pause and play again it comes back, but it happens every few minutes.

This happens in my car as well, I have a Kia. I've downloaded my songs to my phone so I know it's not internet speed. I've tried several apps, Google Music, Soundcloud, etc. Same issue. Sometimes the audio skips a bit as well, turning Bluetooth off and on fixes it for awhile for me.